Chapter 1

The sky was overcast and a light rain was falling on a Friday afternoon, creating a dreary atmosphere with a brisk breeze bringing a chill to the air.

No matter what life throws at you, it keeps on moving. It doesn't stop or slow down for your struggles, nor does it wait for any difficulties you face. The world continues to turn, carrying on regardless of your challenges. Life will continue to move ahead, even when you feel like you're stuck in darkness.
                                   .
                                   .
                                   .

A woman in her mid 20s was about to leave her home at the crack of dawn to go attend an important meeting, As she stepped out the front door, her mom called her back into the house.
"Wait!"
She turned to her mother and walked back into the house, confused. Her mom was standing there holding a small box of pills.
"Not again" she said, with a bit of concern and anger towards her daughter "Did you take your pills today?"

"Oohhh shittt" her eyes widened in disbelief, she was feeling really embarrassed about this whole situation. She couldn't believe she had forgotten her pills both yesterday and today.

"Sorry ammii"  she said.

"Haseena, I'm getting really tired of having to remind you about taking those pills."

Haseena felt so sorry that her mom was still having to remind her about this all the time.
"Pata nahi ammi, kaise har roz dimag se nikal jaata hai, but i promise I'll be more careful from the next time and I'll take my pills on time" haseena said hugging her mother giving her dimple smile

"You promise?, Her mother asked

"I promise, Noor malik ji" Haseena assured her, giving her mom her cutest smile.

This was always how the conversation would end. Her mom would give a sigh of relief and tell her to make sure she took her pills from now on. Even though Haseena always made that promise, she always forgot.

'"ab main jaao?? Ek important meeting bhi attend karni hai mujhe"

"Theek hai beta, all the best for your meeting" Noor Malik said creasing her daughter's cheeks

she headed to work for a meeting she had to attend. She took the subway, as she usually did, even though haseena has multiple cars at her home she preferred to take the subway.
she arrived at the office as haseena was heading to her cabin

She was startled when someone came up behind her and made a loud noise.
"Oh god!" Haseena jumped, feeling her heart pounding in her chest. When she realized it was none other than santhosh.

"Hailla santhuuu, tu is janam me nahi badlegi, meri jaan nikalne hi wali thi aisa kon aata hai? Piche se bhoot ki tarah"

"Main" santhosh said playfully pushing her away "shant hoja haseena, subha subha aisi ubli hui aaloo ki tarah kyu shakal banayi hui hai"

Haseena gave her a death glare
"Mujhe tadna bandkar aur baat kya hai baata na" said sonthosh "ooooo, wait wait let me guess, u forgot to take your pills again? Haina?"

Haseena was shocked and kind of spooked by just how much Santhosh knew about her.
Santhosh sharma had been working at this company for the past year and they had become very close friends. They were so close that sometimes they could finish each other's sentences or know exactly what the other person was thinking without having to say it out loud. Haseena was grateful for her friendship with Santhosh, because she was the only person she could trust completely.

" Pehli baat tho ye hai, subha? Dopeher ke teen baj rahe hai, aur dusri baat Haan yaar,  i forgot to take the pills again  dat bhi khai ammi ke haath" haseena said feeling embarrassed

SS(santhosh sharma) couldn't stop herself from laughing out "ye toh roz ka hai, it's okay, ammi haina o yaad kardegi, don't worry"

"Haa ye bhi sahi hai, waise meeting ka time tho ho chuka hai it's almost 3:10PM but our meeting was scheduled at 3:00PM why isn't everyone here by now?? " Haseena asked with a bit of frustrated

"Let me go and check, and they have been asking about our CEO" said santu

"Tell them not to worry about the CEO of this company and focus on the presentation, i want everyone of them to  be in the boardroom in less than 2 mins" haseena said with a bit of authority and  as if she is tired of staff asking about the CEO

"Okay Hitler mode haseena madam, on it" Santosh said and left from there to arrange the meeting asap

Everyone was present in the boardroom in less than 2mins,  the meeting finished much earlier than Haseena expected. The discussion was focused, concise, and everyone was on the same page. Haseena was pleased with the results, and the people in the meeting room were eager to please her, so they finished their work and left the room quickly so as not to waste her time.

While haseena wrapping up with everything after meeting, she was singing the documents that needed her signature for future procedure and her phone kept ringing. And it was the 5th time again and she simply choose to ignore it

But to SS who was sitting beside her it was irritating and finally she said "haseena for god sake pick up the damn phone"

"No" haseena said without looking at santu still signing the documents.

"God, someone is calling you since forever"

"I know"

"It means they are expecting you to pick up the call not for you to enjoy your ringtone"

"I know santu, it's ammi and she wants me to go on a date tonight when i clearly said I'm not ready yet" hasena said finally looking at santhosh

"Arey toh jaona, aunty ka choice kya mast rehta, just go and have expensive food with beautiful women and come back saying you are not interested, what's big deal"

"The big deal is I'm not interested and i don't know why but i have uncertain feelings  about going on dates or being in relationships" said haseena

"Look honey, you can't just keep pushing all the dates by surrendering to that one unknown feeling, who knows if you go out and meet people you might find the one who can settle all those feelings you have been feeling uncertain about.

Come on just consider it honey, your mom is really excited! Plus it could be fun"

After listening to what santhosh said haseena agreed saying "okay I'll go, but I don't want to make make any promises"
Haseena said

"Maaan gaii, maaan gai , maine kaha tha na maan jay gi noor aunty" Santosh said on the phone even before replying to haseena.

"These two" haseena said having unbelievable expression on her face with a slight smile