Chapter 5

At Shivan's

As the call came to an abrupt end, Shivani was left in a state of disbelief. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. Karishma is alive! Shivani found herself pacing around her home, trying to wrap her head around the incredible news she had just heard.

"K-karishma???"

"Zinda hai?"

"Lekin??"

"Kahi mai khwab tho nai dekh rahi hu??"

"Am i seeing things now??"

""Okay, Shivani, you gotta eat," she said to herself. "No matter how big a doctor you are, you need to put food in your stomach. Otherwise, you're gonna start hallucinating from all the hunger.

"or maybe i gotta sleep??? "

She kept talking to herself,
She wasn't sure how it was even possible, but the voice was clear and distinct. It was definitely Karishma, her best friend karishma she thought she had lost. And she was coming here, right now! Shivani's heart began to pound as she waited in anticipation for Karishma to arrive.

"Ekk minute, Ka--kahi ...... Oo...k-karishma ka bhooth tho nahi??

of  course Karishma being a ghost did cross Shivani's mind for a moment,
As it was too much for her to take in at the moment.

"Bhooth mobile phone thodi use karti hai, haina??..ye..ye mai kya bol rahi hu!"

Shivani's heart jumped with sudden hope and anxiety as she heard the doorbell ring.

Shivani took a deep breath and gathered her strength, she went to the door and from the other side shivani asked
"K-on???"

"Ama kon kya kon abhi toh phn kiya tha ki milne aa rahi hoon"

"Kya tum K-karishma ka bhooth ho??"

shivani couldn't believe what she had just asked, her voice trembling with nerves. it was one thing to think about the possibility, but quite another to actually say it aloud.

karishma couldn't contain her surprise and laughter either, seeming almost caught off guard by the question.

"Kyaaa??"
she asked, seemingly not sure whether she had heard correctly.

"did you just ask if i was a ghost?" karishma said again, unable to hide her amusement.

"Haan" shivani said

"Ama bhooth kabse doorbell use karne lage andar aane ke liye"

Karishma couldn't help but find the whole situation amusing. Shivani had just jumped straight to ghost, which was the most extreme possibility of all. Her amusement was tempered with a bit of compassion for her best friend who was clearly struggling with the shock of their reunion.

"No," Karishma replied with a hint of a smile. "I'm definitely not a ghost."

"Are u s...sure" Shivani asked one last time to confirm

"I'm very sure, i can promise you, khud door khol ke dekhlo....aur mai bahut thaki hui hoon shivani, aur tumari baaton se tho lag raha hai...agar mai andar aa bhi gayi tho  Mujhe ek lakh sawal ke jawab dene padenge, isse toh accha hai ki ab mai jaau yaha se,  isiliye mai akri baar puch rahi hoon ya toh tum mujhe andar ane do, yaa mai jaa rahi hoon"  karishma said

With mixed emotions swirling through her mind, Shivani took a deep breath and gathered her strength. This moment meant everything to her, and she couldn't afford to let her fear get in the way. Finally taking that final step forward, she grabbed the door handle and twisted it, pulling the door open with a rush.