chapter 3

"Hi, I'm haseena mailk" haseena casually introduced her self not letting her emotions take charge on her.

"Nice choice of flowers" said karishma not even looking at the bouquet but straight at the person who held them.

"Ooo thanks, i just chose them at random" haseena replied.

"Are u going out on a date with someone?" karishma realised what she just asked and instantly said "I'm sorry for being too straight forward i think I've made the situation awkward"

"No it's okay, And yes ja tho rahe hai lekin majboori hai"  haseena said remembering the trio  who forced her to go.

Karishma let out a chuckle feeling sorry for haseena.

“So, I uh…. I was just wondering,” Karishma stuttered, “if you wanted to maybe, get a coffee with me. i mean earlier i stepped on you duppatta so let me take you to coffee as an apology” She trailed off, making the worst excuse in the world

“Coffee??" Said Haseena feeling disappointed as she has no time for coffee.she's already getting late to meet the person on the other side,  "lekin hame jana hoga, pata nahi wo kabse hamara intezaar kar rahi hogi, but how about tomorrow??”  Haseena replied.

"Oo sure, theek hai , we'll meet tomorrow then"  said karishma not able to settle the undefined feeling

"Ji , let's meet at the coffee shop down the street Same time, tomorrow. See you" haseena said with the warm smile and turned towards the exit

"Ouchhh"
Haseena stiffened in alarm, her body reacting instinctively to the sudden noise. When her eyes met the gory sight of Karishma's blood-ooze hand, her heart skipped a beat. For a moment, she was paralyzed with a mixture of terror and concern. "K... Karishma ji?" Haseena whispered, her voice shaky.

Haseena rushed over to Karishma, her sense of urgency overtaking any lingering fear. She quickly grabbed her duppatta off her shoulder and wrapped it around karishma's hand, trying to stop the bleeding. Karishma didn't respond, her pale face turning even more pale with pain. Haseena's mind was racing as she tried to figure out what had happened. "What happened?" she frantically asked.

"Allah, Bhoth khoon behra hai, ek..u..ek minute,main doc.. doctor ko call karti hu.. lekin y..ye kaise hua.. karishma ji aap sun rahi ho hame??...."

"Haseena ji... haseena ji, relax pehle aap gehri saas lijiye, hum theek hai wo bas wo flower vase haath se slip hogaya tha .. i..was about it pick it up toh ye hogaya, lekin ab mai theek hoon aap jayi ye na,you have a date,you are getting late" karishma said taking her hand back from haseena hold

"Paagal hai kya aap, let's go to the hospital first, let me just call the cab" she got up heading towards the exit while taking karishma with her and in few minutes they were in front of the cab.

"Kar...karishma aap cab se hospital chaliye main.....i will take the subway or bus and meet u at the hospital in 10mins" haseena said hesitantly as she had this thing of never riding in cars.

Karishma just gave her a confused look and was not able to comprehend what haseena just said but her gaze was stuck on Haseena's face as if she was trying to find an answer in her eyes but before she could find it, haseena told the dirve to take karishma to the hospital asap

Haseena watched as the cab pulled away with karishma inside, and a heavy weight sank into her stomach as she realized that she couldn't accompany karishma on top of everything else. She felt terrible.

She made her way to the subway, where she boarded the next train and headed to the hospital.

Haseena was at the destination waiting for karishma's cab to arrive.