Chapter 18

Noor and Karishma sat on the breakfast table and started having their breakfast with a little chat

Karishma's expression turned nostalgic, her eyes gazing into the distance as she spoke.

"Ammi, I miss having breakfast with amma and Santu. It's just not the same without them."

Noor's face softened, her eyes filled with pity.
"I already told them, Karishma. I told your mom and Santu to move into this house, but they're being stubborn, not agreeing with me."

Karishma's gaze snapped back to Noor, a hint of surprise in her voice.
"Really, ammi? You told them to move in here?"

Noor nodded, her expression gentle. "Yes, beta. This house is too big for just three people. It would be perfect for your mom and Santu to live with us. But they're not listening."

Karishma's face scrunched up in frustration. "I don't get it. Why won't they agree? It would be so much better for everyone if we were all together under one roof."

Noor sighed, placing a comforting hand on Karishma's arm.

"I know, bacche. But sometimes people are stubborn, and we can't change their minds. All we can do is keep trying and hope they come around eventually."

"Aap rukiye hum baat karte hai santu aur amma se, hum bhi dekhte hai kaisi nahi manenge" karishma said with determination.

Noor's face lit up with a warm smile. "Ye toh bahot accha idea hai  Karishma! Tu ek kaam kar jaa aur unhe manane ki koshish kar kya pata wo log maan bhi jaye."

Karishma nodded, taking a bite of her breakfast as she thought about her approach. "Hum baat karte hai ammi. I'll make them see sense. It's better for everyone if we're all together."

Noor patted Karishma's hand. "I have faith in you, beta. You've always had a way with your mom and Santu. I'm sure you'll be able to convince them to see things our way."

Karishma finished her breakfast and came to noor tightly hugging her she said
" I love you ammi, ap best hoo"

Noor's face lit up with a warm smile as she wrapped her arms around Karishma, returning the hug.

"I love you too, beta! Be sure to talk to your mom and Santu soon, okay?"

As Karishma ran away, Noor chuckled, shaking her head in amusement. "Ye bacchi bhi na hamesha jaldi me rehti hai"

She watched Karishma disappear into the distance, feeling grateful for the loving and lively atmosphere that filled the house. Noor smiled to herself, knowing that with Karishma on the case, her family would soon be reunited under one roof, where they belonged.
.
.
.
.
.

On the other hand, Haseena's mind was a jumble of thoughts and emotions, her heart still racing from the events of the previous night. She couldn't shake off the feeling of Karishma's hands on her cheeks, the way her heart skipped a beat when their eyes met. She felt like she was walking on air, her senses heightened, and her thoughts consumed by the memory of their closeness.

Haseena's absent-mindedness became more apparent as the day went on. She forgot appointments, misplaced her belongings, and stumbled over her words. Her loved ones grew concerned, but she just smiled and waved it off, unsure of how to articulate the turmoil brewing inside her.

Haseena walked into Nandy's cubicle, looking a bit disheveled.
"Nandy, can you give me the night of the previous documents?" she asked, her words coming out in a jumbled mess.

Nandy looked at her in confusion, raising an eyebrow. "Mam, I think you mean 'can you give me the previous night's documents'? But even that doesn't make sense, as we don't have any documents from last night's work."