28 ☆ spring's symphony

๑ I ALMOST FORGOTMY PLACE AGAIN

I ALMOST FORGOT
MY PLACE AGAIN.

spring's symphony chapter 28

"You wanted to bring me here?" I stare up at the theater, hearing Taehyun hum happily

"You wanted to bring me here?" I stare up at the theater, hearing Taehyun hum happily. "Since when were you someone who enjoyed music enough to go see it live?"

"If there's a way to differentiate the both of us, Sora–it's that however much money you buy on material things, I spend equally as much going to things like this," So he was someone who enjoyed scenic things. I understand. I don't usually go to these as much as people prefer, but for him, I'll persevere. "They're playing songs for the arrival of spring. I go to one every season."

"By the sound of it, you must sit in the front row, right?" I laugh, but he looked serious. Slowly, my laughter dies out and I hum with approval, crossing my arms. "Sorry, um... okay, well, I don't have a ticket. Do you think we'll get separate seats?"

"I invited you here with the intention of us sitting together, Sora," That surprised me. Well, only partially. I would hope that when you have the intention of doing something with someone, it would be as a pair, not separately. But, Taehyun's a bit of a sporadic case, and knowing I'm not the best at reading him on some things, I had to ask. "You're not much of a music person, are you? Should we just go do something else?"

"No, that's a waste of money!" I exclaim, but it's as if my words were more shocking than that. He raises his eyebrows, a smile arising on his lips. "What?"

"I never thought I'd hear you say that about something. Usually, with what you believe is a 'waste of money,' I think that we have very differing opinions."

"Oh, hush. Anything's a waste of money if you don't put it to use. That's why when I buy things, I make sure I use them at least once," I defend myself, crossing my arms. "Although I don't like orchestras and symphonies as much as you do, I can tolerate them enough to enjoy them. We don't have to make it all about me all the time–only when the spotlight specifically points to me."

He laughs, beckoning to the doors. "Shall we head in, then?"

As he treads ahead for a moment, the night in his car replays in my head. After he picked me up from my mother's house, maybe I had made a rash decision to confess. Seeing him all smiley, almost as if my confession didn't exist, hurt a little bit. He seemed to have good intentions and feelings over what I said, but as I look around at the gold walls and the red carpet, I realize how different we are.