Two

Stuart

"You know what I'm going to do with this ice cream, baby?" He asked, eyes glinting with mischief and eyeing my cleavage with hunger. His grey irises were penetrating and I enjoyed his attention.

"No I don't, Aaron." I smiled at him, thinking about what we could do with our little hour to spare.

"I'm going to spread it all over your body and lick it off entirely." He answered, placing a hot kiss against my lips.

I snapped out of my small daydream once I felt cold on the tip of my nose. This Harry had just placed ice cream on my nose and I scrunched up, wondering if I had zoned out that much.

"Earth to Charlotte." He spoke, and I enjoyed the smooth voice, pretending it was my Harry. With a quick move I wiped away the sticky substance from my nose, looking at him in frank astonishment.

"Sorry about that. I was just thinking." Thinking about an Australian lover I had back in the sixties. One of the few men I actually had a relationship with. He was fierce, sexy and our interactions were either based on sex or me posing for his paintings. Needless to say it ended badly. I was his muse until he started getting suspicious about my lack of ageing, despite the fact that I should turn thirty the year I left town.

"You're zoning out again. Am I that boring?" He asked, sending me a sweet half smile. It was so similar to Harry that I almost cried on the spot. My heart constricted each time the man in front of me spoke.

"Not at all. I'm just very thoughtful tonight. Either way, thank you for the ice cream. I have to admit it's the best I've ever tasted." He seemed pretty satisfied with himself and I smiled too, wondering for the millionth time how he looked precisely like my own Harry.

"Told ya. The Styles family has been coming here for a very long time." He spoke with humour, and I smiled faintly, although the gesture didn't reach my eyes. Styles. A very distinctive surname that surely belonged to a traditional family. 1636. Harry's family. The coincidences were too wild, too impossible. I had no idea how or why, but this man was the exact copy of his ancestor, and somehow I found my way into his life.

I stopped believing in God a long time ago, but surely destiny, or karma, had a way of toying with my life and my feelings. Before I could prevent myself from saying the wrong words, I questioned him about his family's past.

"Do you know where your surname comes from?" I asked him, not sure if he cared enough to research about his ancestors. As I predicted, he shrugged, not particularly interested. Unlike before, people these days couldn't care less about legacies or their own history. Aside from royals and some other families, no one tried to find out who were their predecessors, what they had done, how they lived. In that sense, I knew I still lived in the past, considering I cared deeply for those who used to be my family.

"It's ancient and that's all I know about it. I come from a long lineage of Harrys. It's stupid really." I shook my head, since I couldn't disagree more.

"It's nice actually. The Styles have been around for over four hundred years." I admitted, knowing which question he would ask next. Harry rose a surprised eyebrow and spoke again. His adorable face distracted me from the dangerous path I willingly chose to walk by. I shouldn't mention things that could potentially link me to the truth, I shouldn't risk myself like that, but I was too absorbed in my own reminiscing to remember that the man in front of me was just another oblivious person that couldn't know about the depth of my secret.

"How on Earth would you know that?" He said, confused, sceptical. He wasn't distrustful or creating conspiracy theories inside his head, most people wouldn't, but I still felt a rush of blood on my cheeks, making me feel embarrassed for sounding so abnormally insightful.