Thirty eight

Stuart

"Where are you going?" Sienna enquired, looking me up and down. I tried to keep my outfit as discreet as possible. Black tricot dress, thigh high boots and thick black thighs. I even curled my hair a bit, putting on some mascara and foundation. Maybe I hadn't been as discreet as I pretended to be, but I hardly cared. I was giddy to see him, even though we were living in very odd circumstances.

"It's really better if you know nothing about this." I answered Arthur, silently pleading that he wouldn't make a fuss about my disappearance. Sienna and Oliver were playing cards in the living room, blissfully oblivious.

"I don't have to ask to know the answer. I just want to hear you say it." I shrugged, smiling a bit at him.

"Do you still have that other phone, the one you use for your multiple boy toys?" he smirked, nodding.

"I do. As a matter of fact, I was about to use it." I rolled my eyes, picking up the device as he handed it to me.

"I'm sorry but your booty call tonight is cancelled." I stashed the phone inside my bag after turning it off, looking into Arthur's eyes one more time. "If I don't show up tomorrow morning bright and early, something happened to me. Make someone trace the phone and find me if that's the case. Ayla probably will be able to help too."

There was no longer a joking tone between us. He understood I was taking a chance, one I probably shouldn't. I loved and trusted Sienna with all my heart, but she had always been controlling and frankly overwhelming when it came to defending me from others and myself. Arthur however, he understood that sometimes not trying to change my mind was the best type of support he could give.

"Don't take unnecessary chances, Charlie. I need you alive, Sienna, Oliver, Miles, my parents. So many people love you and need you here." I smiled brightly, small tears pooling in my eyes.

"I love you, Artie. Always have, always will.  In case anything happens, I have letters for each one of you inside my hidden drawer." He sighed, hugging me with force and placing a loving kiss atop my head. Instead of taking a nice nap during the afternoon I ended up writing to my loved ones. If gaston didn't bust my secret meeting with Harry there was also the possibility of dying during the ball. Therapeutically I wrote about how much I loved my current family and friends, made a special session just to indicate where I had hidden assets and left all my documents and a list of properties I owned across the world inside a big manila envelope.

I did what I had to do, crying through the entire process. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to them, not yet, but I had to do the best I could with the cards life dealt me.

"Stop saying shit like that." He mumbled, still holding me tightly. "I'll see you tomorrow morning, bright and early to hear all about you riding Harry's dick into sunrise." I choked on my own spit, laughing at his statement. Arthur always had a terribly difficult time to address sentimental situations; he always found a way to make crude remarks, funny jokes, anything to remove the weight off his shoulders.

"It's okay to feel afraid and to talk about it. You don't have to pretend you're above this entire thing, I won't judge you because you're feeling hopeless, because you're scared you'll lose me, lose Sienna, die. You can be truthful." I spoke again, detaching a bit from him and holding both his arms, looking up and facing him. Arthur was much taller but I could see the way his eyes shone with discreet tears.

"Yeah, I'm just used to being the funny one, the nonchalant guy." He shrugged. "For whatever is worth, I love you too Char. You've been the best present any person could ask for in their lives." I smiled, kissing his cheek and coming down from my tip toes once I saw a white vehicle park outside my back door through the security cameras.