Six

For those wondering, the story takes place in 2015 :)

2012

Stuart

"Miss Stuart?" Someone called, making me turn around with dread. I was just about to go home.

"Do I know you?" I asked the man with politeness, although I was slightly annoyed. He seemed to be a professor, although he might as well have been a creep, judging by the way he kept looking at me in something that resembled disbelief and amazement.

"I am professor Miles Donovan and I teach history. I was wondering if we could talk?" I rose a skeptical eyebrow at him, clearly not interested in whatever he had to say.

"About what? With all due respect, professor Donovan, I don't think we have anything to discuss." Discreetly, I looked down at his hands, trying to find a wedding ring, and I felt slightly relieved once I found one. My suspicious of him being a perverted didn't subside entirely, but I got calmer.

"Sorry, I didn't explain it entirely. I have been developing a large and detailed research on your family's history, and maybe you could add some new information to my files?" He asked with hope. I looked around, trying to find something to prevent that conversation from happening, but no one paid attention. My total lack of friends inside that institution couldn't have been worse for me as I tried to get away from the insistent man.

"Professor Donovan, I don't know if I will have much to say." I tried to reason with him, feeling my throat clogging with desperation. I really didn't want to pretend I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Please, I promise it won't take long." Sighing, I nodded, making him smile. I was still getting the weird vibes, but dodging his questions would only cause a fuss.

"My office is just down the hall. Can you follow me?"

"Sure." I mumbled grumpily. Inside my head, I was going through my story. Charlotte Elizabeth Stuart, born in London. One sister named Sienna Grey, dead father. It was gonna work out, I chanted inside my head.

Professor Donovan opened the door and allowed me inside, both of us silently looking around his mess. Endless sheets of paper atop his desk, scattered books and too many empty coffee cups. I would've been more surprised if all the chaotic energy emanating from him didn't translate into a messy workspace.

"Sorry about the mess. I've been spending a lot of time in here." He spoke, blushing. Professor Donovan tried to remove some things until a chair was freed, clearly a silent offer for me.

"Please sit down. I promise it won't take long." I sighed and complied, placing my bag on the floor. There was an awkward tension filling the room, and I was not about to break it. I just wanted to get rid of that man as fast as possible.

"Just to check, is your full name Charlotte Elizabeth Stuart?"

"Yeah. If you have my college file, it's all correct." I told him, trying to sound less bitchy. It wasn't his fault, he was just going on with his life and trying to come up with a meaningful research topic, but I couldn't help myself. Having someone who could potentially threat my secure life brought out the worst in me. He probably just thought I was entitled, spoiled by rich parents.

"Okay then." He spoke, clearing his throat and trying to send me a half smile, although I didn't reciprocate.

"Can you tell me about your childhood, miss Stuart? I will be recording." He placed his phone atop the papers and I shrugged. My childhood had been spent running around a castle and finding secret passages along with Layla and Eleanor. Memories I was not willing to share with professor nosy.