Twenty eight

Stuart

My entire body shook as I cried. Sienna cradled me in her arms like a concerned mother, whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I knew Arthur was nearby but he seemed terrified of the way I reacted. They had never seen me so out of it, so uncontrolled and hopeless. I could barely breath as I sobbed, my body exhausted from the weekend and our horrific encounter with Harry.

"He told me he loved me." I kept chanting, repeating the scene in my head. His surprise as I walked away and dismissed his words would be forever in my mind. He didn't expect the cold shoulder or the large ring in my finger. I had a good idea of what he was thinking, probably imagining I was engaged to Oliver or some shit.

He loved me. Harry actually loved me back and I was forced to break his heart one more time. He would never forgive me, but I was willing to pay that price if it meant having him safe. I had to admit defeat, to accept that my life would indeed be an endless cycle. Gaston had won, once again. Sienna ran her hands through my hair and as I looked into her eyes, I saw small tears. I wiped it away and felt my heart constrict a bit more.

"Don't cry because of me." I whispered, unable to talk louder. I really needed a glass of water but I didn't have the energy to move or do anything but hug my pillow and let the salty water flow down my cheeks.

My mind wandered back to Harry endlessly, a torturing loop of his smile and his kisses. I thought about him as he woke up, eyes still closed, a lazy grin spreading across his face. His hair was dishevelled in a perfect way, almost enticing. When the small rays of sunshine invaded the bedroom, he'd open his eyes, precious jade so light in the early hours. I thought about myself and the urge of pucker my lips, extinguishing the distance between us. I would kissing him until the light shade of pink turned into a satisfying ruby, signalling our lazy interaction. He would wrap his hand around my waist and squeeze a bit, fully aware that the gesture would cause tickles and make a fit of giggles erupt.

If I could live my entire life in one moment forever, I would definitely choose mornings beside Harry. The good memory was a small oasis of bliss among the nine circles of hell I faced.

"You know what is the worst part?" I spoke again, not entirely sure if I was talking to them or to myself. I just needed to let my feelings out in any possible way. "He is so close of finding out the truth. If he had more time he would understand everything." I closed my eyes, imagining a world in which I wouldn't have to lie to Harry because he knew the truth.

"This is actually something I will discuss with Niall. I told him some things about our trip and this stalker shit and the moment I turned my back on him he spilled everything to Harry." Sienna seemed angry at her boyfriend although I wouldn't be so quick to judge him. He thought we were dealing with normal life circumstances, not supernatural forces or whatever they were.

"Don't be too harsh, he doesn't even know this thing is a big deal. If the roles were reversed I'm sure you would've told us about it." Arthur intervened, surprising us both. He was not one to handle emotion well and his presence alone was enough indication of how much he loved me.

"I don't care, Artie. He should've asked me first, before going around babbling shit to Harry Styles." I shared a collusive look with Arthur, knowing that our words wouldn't matter much for Sienna. She was pissed and her boyfriend would face hardship. Even though I liked him and agreed with Arthur I was too weak to say anything.

"Whatever, it's your relationship after all." He shrugged, looking at me again with barely concealed pity. I wished to see myself through their eyes, to witness the mess I was from other's point of view. I wanted to be a spectator not the main act of the show Gaston seemed to be running these days.