Chapter 1 🂡

Friday.

It was 2:58pm on a summer  Friday afternoon.

Your leg bounced up and down in anticipation as you awaited the sound of the three pm hometime bell to ring.

You had packed up your belongings at least half an hour ago, only now you sat on the edge of your seat in awkward anticipation.

The teacher was droning on about having a nice summer but you paid no mind to it.

Why would you? You had something way more exciting to be thinking about.

The second hand on the clock started its 10 second countdown.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

3:00Pm the clock read.

.....

You sighed.. 'Would someone please fix that fucking clock,' you groaned internally, rolling your eyes and resting your head on the table with a loud bang. Some of your classmates who also realised the bell was behind on time turned to you giving you a sympathetic smile.

They all knew why you were annoyed. Hell you had only been talking about it for the last 4 months.. and a half.

You shifted your head so you were resting on the side of your face as your gaze met up with the clock once again.

You continued counting-

0

-1

-2

-3

-4

-5

-6

The bell went.

"Finally," you muttered to yourself, luckily being drowned out by the uproar of your classmates who were scrambling out of their seats to get home for summer break.

Grabbing your bag, you flung it over your shoulder, avoiding the cluster of students trying to squeeze out the classroom door as you gazed around for an easier way to get out. As your eyes wandered they met your teachers who had a quizzical eyebrow raised at you.

She knew what you were looking for, it's been known to the whole school the one thing you look forward to at the end of each day. Your teacher smiled slightly before stepping to the side allowing you to see the now open window behind her.

Your eyes lit upon seeing what she was referring to. Wasting no time you ran at the window and climbed out jumping onto the roof which was slightly lower down, sending a salute to your deskmate who was watching you with a smirk upon her lips.

"Take care of yourself darling," Your teacher spoke as she patted your head a few times. "You too Miss," You yelled back as you bolted off as fast as you could along the flat roof of the science block.

How reviving. After a tiresome day of school, it would do you good to be running around like some madman to burn off whatever energy you hadn't already used up today.

As you sprinted ahead, your ears tuned in to the sound of  running footsteps below you on the ground. You chuckled to yourself, knowing exactly who it was. You picked up the pace after noticing his steps were slightly in front of your own.