Chapter 8 🃘

The police escorted you both home a few hours ago after you were checked over by paramedics and told that you had minor scratches but mostly seemed to be covered in dust. Katsuki being the same though more fatigued from the whole ordeal.

You couldn't blame him though, the whole thing was stressing you out, so imagine how much worse Katsuki would feel after being reminded about it every two seconds by either a hero, paramedic or someone who watched from the outskirts.

The first thing that happened when you made it home was your mother. She scolded you for almost getting hurt badly before ranting angrily about how worried she was.

It was a nice gesture, you thought. Though the policewoman who was watching over seemed more than a little concerned.

~

It had been an eventful day to say the least, and you were very glad it was over. You didn't know how much more emotional strain you could be put through before the exams next week.

Next week....

"Wait, shit- the exam is next week?" you spoke, rather alarmed as you mixed extra spicy sauce in with your noodles while shooting a horrified look at your brother who was sitting on the table, crossed legged, with a light blue blanket draped over his head and shoulder, slurping away at his noodles quietly.

He stopped eating to meet your gaze, sending you a 'are you dumb?' look while doing so.

Now that you were saying it out loud, it seemed a lot closer than you anticipated.

UA usually didn't hold their entrance exams this close to the start of a new term but there were some complications with the scoring system that took time to update so they pushed it back to the second week of the summer holidays.

The acceptance rate was like a zero percent chance these days so you weren't trying to hold your hopes too high, but then again, you are your mothers daughter, and losing doesn't exactly run in the family so you're pretty certain you'll get in with a reasonable score.

In fact, you were counting on it. You didn't have a backup plan. Neither of you did. It was UA or nothing.

Academically, you were fine, so the general tests should go smoothly. But the thing you were worried about is the practical exam, you didn't know what to expect and that more than anything set you on edge.

"Don't tell me you've only just realised that now," Katsuki huffed as he set down his cup of noodles to pull the blanket around him more.

"That's not it.." you muttered before taking a mouthful of your own noodles and leaning up against the counter. "I mean, what if only one of us gets in. What then?" you questioned, genuinely curious.

Katsuki seemed to stop and think for a moment before talking again.

"If I get in and you dont then I'll teach you the stuff they teach me," he announced proudly, almost as though he was already expecting that to happen.

You smirked in amusement. "Yikes, poor me." You teased, earning a scowl and a middle finger to which you graciously returned.

You both sat in a comfortable silence as you finished the remainder of your noodles before washing up your chopsticks and putting the empty cups in the bin. "We should watch a film and eat a bunch of the stuff you bought earlier," you proclaimed, as you started pulling all the snacks you had reclaimed after the incident.

Surprisingly all the stuff you bought was still fine and resting in the grass on the side of the walkway which you were most happy about after a shitty day.

Katsuki nodded as he left and went to set up the TV. "TOUCH THE DORITOS AND YOU DIE." He yelled from the living room in your shared accommodation. You ignored him and pulled the bag of doritos out the cupboard, piling them up in your arms with the rest of the stuff you had managed to stack.