Chapter 10 🃚

You propelled forward the very moment the doors fully opened, avoiding the cluster of students now behind you. Hoisting yourself onto a roof to get a better view of the place, you momentarily faltered when the bluenette girl from a minute ago landed on the building across from you.

She decided to completely ignore your existence, though it seemed as though she knew you were there, proving that when she rolled her eyes before jumping down. You were too distracted to notice the 2 pointer robot quickly bringing its arm down to crush you.

A loud bang refocused your attention on your surroundings instead of the girl that now appeared to be balanced on top of the 2 pointer.

She glared at you she yelled over the sound of the malfunctioning robot. "Try and not get killed. Yeah? I don't want to have to keep saving your ass. That's already twice in 1 day," she deadpanned before swiftly jumping away to get more points.

You shot her a confused look as if to say 'when the fuck was the first time?'

She caught the look you gave her as she yelled again. "Someone was about to throw a water bottle at you in the break hall. You're welcome!"

You stared at her a few seconds before focusing and running off to get some points for yourself.

After a decent 1 hour and 40 minutes of gathering points you breathed heavily while trying to steady your heart rate. '62 points,' you thought while wiping the sweat and dirt off your face. '20 minutes left, I should be able to get to at least 80 right?'

You started running in the direction of the sound of the robots, and quirks going off.

Turning the corner swiftly your eyes widened, a small shiver making Its way up and down your spine. The girl from before, the one with short brown haired. She had her leg trapped under a large slab of concrete.

She looked scared. Helpless. Panicked. Just like Katsuki had durning the incident last week.

Not thinking ahead you started sprinting towards her ignoring all the fighting going on behind you. You blocked out the yelling from other participants who were trying to warn you about the 0 pointer robot you were absolutely oblivious to.

You didn't exactly know why you started running towards the danger. It kind of just happened.. were you supposed to let this girl die? Even if it did cost you?

Quickly pushing your thoughts to the side you acted on instinct and tried your best to lift up the concrete off her leg.

The girl looked as grateful as she did terrified. Which was saying something due to how ghostly the fear had made her skin go.

After quickly realising you weren't strong enough by yourself, you started to panic slightly. The girl looked like she was going to pass out any moment now which really didn't help adding to the stress you were already under.

As you tried to heave the slab one more time you felt it shift before you managed to lift it just high enough for her to get out. Looking to the side of you, the navy blue haired girl was helping to lift the other side of the concrete.

After a few seconds the brunette was able to pull herself away and to the side before swiftly passing out. You and the bluenette dropped the concrete back to the ground turning around to run in the opposite direction again. Making your way over to the girl you saved you noticed a huge shadow downcast on the whole road.

Turning around to look up your breath caught in your throat when you realised what it was. Now it all made sense to you, the other people earlier were yelling at you as a warning.

Too late to be having regrets now right?

You felt almost frozen in place as it started to bring its heavy metal arm down to where you and the brunette were.