Chapter 1

When people ask you 'where did your story start' the first response is normally 'when I was born'. While it's a technically correct answer, the heart knows it's wrong. Our story starts the second you make your first hard choice in life. In my case, my story didn't start until I was 25. It was March 23rd, on a rainy Thursday. I remember because I was soaking wet.

The next question your most likely to be asked is 'have you lived?' That can either be a rhetorical statement or a general question. I used to laugh when I was asked this. Of corse I had lived! I was surviving, not living. There's a difference, what that difference is depends on the person. I took my first breath March 23rd, on a rainy Thursday. What happened? I saw him for the first time...in fact he saved my life. I'm Emily Jane Stark and this is my story.

~Emily POV~

"Lights are on you in three...two...one" I mutter into my ear peace.

"Thanks Love" Tony says back. I roll my eyes at the nickname. Tony Stark never used to call me 'love' before he was famous. I don't mind, it just gets annoying after a while....and almost fifteen years of it is defiantly starting to get annoying. I'm his sister, not his girlfriend, honestly. There are some things brothers shouldn't say to their sisters.

As far as looks go, me and Tony look nothing alike. He looks more like dad. He has dark hair (both facial and the hair on top of his head) and that glint of creativity in his eyes. I've got blonde hair and almost no brains (science wise) compared to him. He's got a strong build, he can lift almost anything and I'm skinny and weak but smarter in more ways then one. He's strong and I'm fast. The one thing we both have in common is that we both work for S.H.I.E.L.D. Him as Iron Man and me as a computer geek. And our eyes, we both have dark brown eyes. Out of the two of us I'm the one that finds the beauty in the world...Tony can't look at an artwork or a sunset for two minutes without being bored. Just like me and engineering.

"Hello LA!" I hear Tony shout. I hear a roar of appreciation from the crowd and some ladies screaming for him to marry them. It's both entertaining and sick. I turn off my ear peace and take it out of my ear.

"How's everything going?" Asks Pepper from the door.

"It's all up to him now" I say leaning back in my chair. "Aren't you meant to be with Tony?" I ask. She shrugs.

"Aren't you meant to be at a party?" She retorts. I roll my eyes.

"Shut up" I mutter. Pepper sighs and hands me a short peach coloured dress and heels. "What's this for? Do you expect me to sleep in this?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"I expect you to put it on and get out of here. JARVIS and I can handle ourselves" Pepper says.

"I hate you" I grumble snatching the dress and stomping out of the control room and into my bedroom. Now Before we go ahead I could have argued with Pepper but there was almost no point. She always won and it was just a waste of everyone's time. She still got her way and I still had to do whatever she wanted. My bedroom is big, fancy and grand. I honestly hate it. I prefer a smaller, messier normal bedroom. I stomp into the bathroom and slam the door as hard as I can. I roll my eyes as I put on the dress grumbling as I did so.

"Stupid Tony Stark and his stupid parties. Who the hell does he think he is?" I mutter as I zip up the back of the dress. "And stupid Pepper and her stubborn stuck up opinion" I curse as I put on the stupid shoes and apply some basic make up and jewellery. I don't hate them, Pepper has been my favourite out of Tony's many girlfriends. I just find them both annoying at times. Her most of the time because I not only see her more but because she almost pushes me out of the house. She's never going to stop trying to make me a proper girl.

As I stomp out of the bathroom I see Pepper waiting for me. Her mouth falls open for a split second before smiling and...wait is she actually tearing up?

"Emily, You look beautiful" she says her eyes scanning my body, probably looking for something to fix up.

"Yeah don't get used to it Salt" I snap using my old nickname for her.

"Hey, loose the attitude. You're going to a party, act happy" she says. I roll my eyes and fake a smile.

"Okay Em...a little better. Now try again and this time try not to look like you're in immense pain" she says sweetly. I take a deep breath and try again. The smile still feels forced. She nods, it's her way of saying I passed the Virginia Pepper Pots exam for perfect smiles.

"Now are you going to give me a thousand dollars, one of Tonys car keys and send me away until one in the morning?" I ask putting my hands on my hips.

"Not quite this time" she says -this has happened way more then once, I know the deal. Go out and she won't let me back in till after midnight- holding out a single key. That's probably not the best idea, I tend to loose things faster then the memory span of a goldfish. I take the key and examine it. I know almost nothing about cars so I have no idea what type of car or even what brand it is. But if I know Tony, it's probably very expensive.

"This would be...." I ask trailing off. Pepper just laughs.

"the keys to your new car" she said. New car?!

"Oh my god that's amazing" I said with false excitement. I don't need or want a new car. Either Pepper didn't pick up my sarcastic response or she just chose to ignore it because she gave me the key and practically pushed me out the door. I rolled my eyes as I stomped out of the house. She showed me to my new car which was black and very pretty. I get in the car and just before I can close it she bends down.

"Emily, please try and have fun and stay out of trouble" she says. I smile and nod. As I close the door I roll my eyes.

"Sorry Salt. I don't make promises I can't keep. This is my night" I say revving the engine. I wish I had listened to her. God I wish I had listened to Pepper Potts, but if I didn't...

I wouldn't be here today.

Hey guys so just a note that the italics at the beginning of every chapter is like narration. It's Emily's voice...kind of giving you her opinion on what he chapter is going to be about. I hope you enjoy this book :)

So this (as I've mentioned) is dedicated to Steves_Bae007 . If you haven't already figured I named the main character after her. So...I especially hope she enjoys this book. So...that's all from me.

Fluffersnaps