Chapter 6

Love at first sight. Such a cliche thing. It's so sweet. It's so perfect. It's so sick. Such a perfect thing couldn't exist and In my opinion it doesn't. I've never had love at first sight and thank goodness for that. I prefer the traditional way. Lunch and a walk in the park.

You see, I didn't hate Steve. I didn't like him either. Actually I was on the verge of possibly accepting him as part of my life. This was a mistake. I should have just accepted it. I should have just accepted that maybe cliche works. And maybe I was in a cliche relationship.

"About damn time you got home. I'm starving" said Sam as I threw a pizza box on the table along with fifty dollars worth of change. Sam opened the box and stuffed half a slice of pepperoni pizza in his mouth.

"Geez dude. Slow down. The world isn't going to run out Of pizza" I reassure him sitting down and taking a slice for Myself. Honestly I wasn't hungry. I haven't felt like eating or drinking anything since the museum.

"So what did you do today?" Sam asks with his mouth full of pizza. His worlds come out muffled and sloppy. I shrugged.

"I went to the Smithsonian. To check out that new exhibition" I said causally. Sam swallowed.

"You mean the Captain America one?" He asked taking another bite of pizza. I nodded. "Saw It about a week ago. Very cool" he commented swallowing his final bite and taking another slice.

"Guess who I saw" I said casually looking down. I hear Sam grunt and I know that translates to 'I'm listening'. "Steve, you know the jogger" I say casually looking up again.

"Did you start blushing?" Sam asked giving me the 'I know you have a crush on him' look. Like we were in high school and the schools hottest guy just passed in the hall.

"He called me a sarcastic know it all" I mumbled.

"And what did you call him. Wait let me guess. Darling? Sweetie? Beautiful?" Sam said mockingly.

"Well I didn't say everything aloud. I was thinking about calling him an arrogant, self centred, no good, dreamy..." I trialled off. Sam dropped his Pizza and stared at me with wide eyes and a smirk.

"Did I really just say that aloud?" I asked. Sam nodded once, his smirk getting wider by the second.

"What I meant was that his head is always in the clouds. And not on earth" I snapped looking down.

"Uhmmm" Sam said "sure that's what you meant. Why don't you just admit you like him?"

"Because I don't" I yelled standing up. Sam looked scared at my reaction I rolled my eyes and stomped to my room and slammed the door. What little brains Sam had he had the common seance not to follow me or to try and ask me to come out. For three hours I sat on my bed staring at the blue wall. Until I heard a small tap from the window. I ignored it. But three minutes later I heard it again. I got up and stomped over to the window and opened it. There was Steve sitting on his bike throwing little pebbles at my window from the road.

"Em, what a coincidence" he said joyfully. I couldn't help but smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a low voice, I didn't want Sam to hear me.

"I was thinking about what you said, at the museum about the jerk of a guy" he said. I rolled my eyes.

"So?" I hissed back.

"So I thought for a bit and found out she was right. I also realised she was right about another thing!" Steve called to me.

"And what was that?" I asked back. Steve got off his bike and walked up to me. I was still leaning out the window when he's face was two inches away from mine.

"That whenever I'm not with her there is a small piece of me that's missing. That whenever I'm not looking at her beautiful face, or lost in her enchanting eyes, or dazzled by her smile I feel lost. Every second I can't hear her voice saying my name is a second wasted. That I can't go on living without her" Steve said. I raised my eyebrows.

"I don't remember saying all that" I said, pretending to think. Steve chuckled and cupped my face him his hands.

"Well I made that up on the spot, but the point is that I'm not saying I love you Emily Stark" Steve says.

"Then what are you saying Steve Rogers?" I asked back leaning towards him a bit.

"What I'm saying is--" he starts before he's interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Emily I didn't mean it! I'm sorry" Sam calls from outside. I pull myself back into my room.

"You have to go. Before Sam sees you and gets the wrong idea" I say. Steve nods and I close my window. I turn and look at the door and then back at the Harley but it and it's rider are gone.

"Damn you Sam Wilson" I mutter as I open the door.

This is a horrible chapter but it's a filler. I'm trying to come up with ideas and remember what happens next in the WS. So bare with me. And I have a big assignment due in a week on Norse Mythology (I'm studying Thor and Loki and Heimdall) so I won't be writing as much. Sorry but I'll be able to update more soon.

Fluffersnaps