Chapter 13

Have you ever heard the saying 'they probably know more about us then we do about ourselves'? Well in this case it was more then 100 percent true. Some of the stuff I heard about myself That day I didn't even know...it was scary that a hundred year old computer knew more about the Stark name then I ever did. And it's scary that Arnim Zola knew more about me then I do...it was then I came to the realisation:

We're screwed

"There's nothing here. No wifi, phone reception or even radio" I groan trying to get a signal on my phone. Steve wasn't paying attention. He was staring at the crumbling buildings. I shrugged it off as he stared at a rusted flag pole. "I'm telling you Rogers this is a dead end. Maybe we shou--" Steve cut me off by running towards a building.

"Emily. Over here" he said, standing outside a set of thick brass doors. I just stared at him as though he had lost his mind. "Army regulations forbids storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks" he explains.

"So?" I asked, curious to see where this was going.

"So this building" he said pointing to it behind him, "is in the wrong place". I just stared at him as he broke the lock with one swift movement of his shield. I helped to push the doors open and the two of us walked In.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D, or at least what it started as anyway" I said, looking around the old offices which were covered in a thick layer of dust.

"Yeah, I noticed" Steve said, staring at the giant S.H.I.E.L.D logo printed on the wall. As I walked along the walls I could see many other rooms branching off the main one. I opened a dark blue door to find bookshelves and photos. Other then that the room was dead.

"Dad" I mumbled walking up to the wall of people. I could see his face along with two others. I could see him straight away because that's the photo of him a carry around with me at all times. And next to him hung Peggy...well, Aunt Peggy as we were told to call her. Both of them looks so young and healthy. But neither looked happy. Steve turned his back on the wall and walked on, stopping at a bookshelf.

"If we're in a secret office, why do you need to hide the elevator?" Steve asked. I had no idea what he was talking about until he slid the bookshelf to reveal a steel elevator. I studied the buttons for a second before punching in the code:

8539

The doors slid open and Steve and I stepped In. The lift took us down deeper into the camp. When the doors opened I could see thousands of ancient looking computer screens and tech.

"Well, looks like I was right. This can't be the data point" I said, looking around.

"And why would that be?" Steve asked.

"This tech is ancient" I said. I could see that I accidentally offended him but I didn't care. As I looked on the bench I could see one modern bit of technology. A USB port. I plugged the USB in and stared at the screen, aware that Steve was watching my every move. Every bit of Tech in the room came to life.

"Shall we play a game?" I smirk at the computers. I then turn to Steve remembering he has no idea what I'm talking about. "It's from a movie ca--" I started but Steve cut me off.

"Yeah I know, I saw it" he said. That surprised me. I turned back to the computer to see a black screen that read

Initiate system?