Chapter 1

"She will turn blind", a young male voice said as a matter of fact.

A chubby woman with white skin, dark brown eyes, dark curly hair and thin lips looked at her son exasperated. She looked to be in her early 40's. She was sitting down on her son's bed leaning on the bed rest as she told her children the story. The name of the woman was Ananya Chaudhary, a famous fantasy author. All her stories had fantasy of some sorts which were well loved and well recieved by her fans, media as well as the critics. She was happily married to her husband Devansh Chaudhary, a man in mid 40's who was a real estate agent with dark skin, brunette hair. They had a son, Ansh, 19 and a daughter, Anshika, 14.

"She will turn blind if she looked at the sun directly", said Ansh.

Ansh was a skinny 19 year old college student who had dark brown skin, and short brunette hair like his father and had his mother's face and eyes. He was prodigy in every subject. He could have skipped grades with his intelligence but did not do so as his parents wanted him to have normal childhood. He now studied in University of Delhi. His major was geology and was in his final year. His hobby was cooking and listening to his mother's story as he was doing or had been doing before interrupting.

"It's just a story, bro", said Anshika, a 14 year old high school student who loved hearing to her mother's story especially this one because of all the magic and strong female lead. She hated it when her brother interrupted with facts.

"I know", Ansh said.

"Good. Now shut up and listen to the story", Anshika said from the other side of the bed.

"But she is staring at the sun."

"So?"

"She will turn blind."

"She is magic, bro. She won't turn blind."

"She may be magic, but the sun does not care about magic."

"It's just a story, bro."

"Again, I know but".

"Kids, kids calm down," came Devansh's voice who too was listening to his wife's story before his kids started arguing.
"It's time to go to bed, come on".

"But dad"

"No buts, Anshika. You have school tomorrow and your brother has college. So both of you off to bed".

Ansh and Anshika groaned but listened to their father. Anshika went off to her room after wishing her parents good night and stucking her tongue out at Ansh. Ansh also went to sleep after wishing good night to everyone. Both Devansh and Ananya wished their children goodnight and went to their room. Once they were inside the room they quietly went to their sides and sat down on the bed while glaring at each other.

"You are so dead tonight", said Ananya.

"We will see", Devansh countered.

Both of them took a deep breath before grabbing their console and launching themselves in video game they have been playing for past weeks.