Chapter 3

Ansh was having dinner with his parents and sister. He was eating his food excitedly. His parents noticed the change in their son. So Devansh asked "How was the first day of college?"

"Amazing", answered Ansh excitedly.

"'Amazing'? Why amazing? Did Shreshth talk to you or something?," asked Anshika.

"Maybe", Ansh blushed.

"Oh Ansh ! That's great," Devansh said. "After an year of pining you finally got to talk to Shreshth."

"Congratulations, my son", Ananya said.

Ansh blushed. During high school he came out to his parents. They were shocked but never judged him for that. They were understanding and so supportive. When he told them about his crush they were supportive and encouraged him sometimes even teased him. He was lucky he had such accepting parents and loving sister.

"We should do something special today", said Anshika.

"I agree. I will bake Ansh's favourite pineapple cake," Devansh said.

"I will help," offered Anshika. With that both Devansh and Anshika quickly finished their dinner and went to bake.

Ananya smiled and shook her head at her husband and daughter's antics. Soon the cake was ready. After having the cake all of them said good night to each other and went to their room to sleep. Ansh was on his bed, under the covers, resting his back on the bedrest as he read a comic book. Once he started feeling sleepy, Ansh put the book down and went to sleep. All of a sudden, Ansh woke up. He took his phone from the bedside table to check the time. It was 4 a.m. He put down his phone and laid back on his bed thinking about what woke him up when suddenly he heard a melodius humming sound coming from the outside of his window. He got up and went near the window and found a slithe figure dressed in all silver. The figure's long hair that came upto their waist was all platinum. The figure was walking out of the front porch.

"Wait!", Ansh called out but the figure kept on waking.

Ansh quickly ran out of his room, climbed down the stairs and went to the front door. He flunged opened the door and quicky ran outside following the figure that had already covered a great distance. ''Wait!," he called out again, "Don't go. Please stay. Please tell me who you are? Why have you been coming in my dreams all these years?" Ansh kept on talking as he followed the figure but the figure did not stop. Suddenly a male voice whispered, "Ansh".

Ansh woke up with a start. He was breathing heavily. He looked around and found that he was in his room. He looked at the time. It was 6a.m. the same time he had been waking up from his dreams since childhood. He had always been hearing his name in his dreams, the white figure waiting at the edge of some forest. Ansh fell down on his bed with a sigh. He covered his eyes with his forearm. These recurring dreams he had been having since as long as he can remember have always filled him with questions. He told his parents about them but they just shrugged it off saying it's just a dream. Ansh knew it was just a dream but these dreams always left him shaken. Ansh sighed again and got from his bed to get ready for the college.

Ansh reached the college still lost in his thoughts when he bumped into someone. The person said sorry at the same time as Ansh. Ansh looked at the person. It was Avantika Sharma from the chemistry department. Her black hair was disheveled and her brown skin was glistening. She looked to be a hurry as she said sorry once again and left quickly. Ansh frowned. 'What was she doing in the geology department?' he thought but then shrugged the thought off. He took a step forward when he heard a crack sound. Ansh looked down and saw that he had stepped on what looked like a flower made of crystal. He picked it up. It was a beautiful flower made of Citrine crystal. It had six big delicate petals and six small ones with vines going around its stem like snakes. Tiny leaves were protruding out of the vines. It was beautiful even though it was cracked in the middle. Ansh turned around to give it to Avantika but she was nowhere to be seen. He decided to give the lower back to Avantika tomorrow and put it inside his jacket and went straight to his class.