Chapter 5

Ansh looked at the spear embedded in Avantika's hand in shock . He turned to look towards the direction the spear came from and found two men wearing weird mask standing to the right of him. The guy who threw the spear extended his hand and the spear flew back to him. The guy holding the spear said to the other guy with him," Take Ansh back home and I will take care of her.". With that he launched himself at Avantika causing her to step back. The second guy quickly went towards Ansh and grabbed him. He transported them back to Ansh's house. Once they reached, the guy let go of Ansh and vanished. Ansh stood there completely baffled. 'What just happened? Was he dreaming,' Ansh pinched himself and winced in pain. So it was real whatever he saw was real, Ansh didn't know what to make of it. How could someone lit their hand in fire without burning themselves. How could a spear fly back to someone's hand and how could a person transport oneself from one place to another without actually using a transportation.

Ansh was lost in his musings when Ananya came out of the house. Seeing him standing alone Ananya asked, " What are you doing here alone?".

Ansh came out of his musings and said, "Huh?".

Ananya looked at him and asked again, " Where is Avantika?".

" Oh! she left".

"What was she doing here?"

" Nothing much. She just came here to see me. Mom, can we go inside? I am not feeling well." Ananya looked at her son and nodded, worried for her son. They went inside their house. Ansh paused for a moment and tuned to look back but found everything as it was before. He followed his mother inside the house.

----------

Ansh was sitting in his class lost in thought. What happened yesterday was haunting him. He still could not believe he experienced all those supernatural things that he had seen in movies or cartoons. Shreshth was sitting in his bench behind Ansh. His attention was solely on Ansh, he noticed that Ansh looked absentminded. He got up from his seat and st down in front of Ansh.

"Ansh!" he called.

Ansh looked at Shreshth and smiled half-heartedly." Hey Shreshth! How is it going?".

" You tell me, you look lost." said Shreshth.

Ansh sighed and said, "It's nothing. Just some silly thing going on in my mind."

Shreshth was about to ask what it was but just then the professor entered.

Shreshth got up and went back to his seat. He placed his hand on Ansh's shoulder to provide him some comfort. Ansh smiled grateful for Shreshth's presence. Soon the class started.

It was break time, Shreshth and his friends were having lunch when they were joined by Ansh and Ishita. As soon as Ishita sat down ,Somya said," Did you hear what happened? Avantika from chemistry department left college out of nowhere". As soon as Ansh heard Avantika's name he stiffened. Shreshth who had been listening, looked towards Ansh when Avantika 's name was mentioned.

"I know right. It was so sudden", said Ishita.

"I wonder what happened," Vivaan said.

All three of them was talking about Avantika causing Ansh to fidget nervously and Shreshth to frown at his bahaviour. He got up and went to Ansh. The trio who were talking about Avantika went silent as Shreshth got up. Shreshth put his hand on Ansh's shoulder causing him to flinch.

"Are you okay?," Shreshth asked.

Ansh looked up at Shreshth and nodded his head before excusing himself and leaving. Shreshth, Ishita, Somya and Vivaan started at Ansh's retreating back in confusion and concern.

The next couple of days Ansh did not attend the college. Shreshth was worried for Ansh as he was not one to miss college lectures. So he decided to pay a visit to Ansh. But he did not know where Ansh lived. 'But Ishita knows where he lives' thought Shreshth. So after college was over he went to look for Ishita.

Ishita was worried for her friend. She knew something was going with Ansh but what it was, she didn't know, so she decided to pay a visit to Ansh. She was about to leave when Shreshth called from behind,"Ishita wait."

Ishita turned around and saw Shreshth running towards her. Once he reached her, he stopped and asked," Ishita, do you know where Ansh lives?"

" Yeah I do, in fact I am going to visit him right now." she replied.

" Can I come with you?".

" Sure". Ishita was worried for her friend but she was quite giddy inside when Shreshth asked to come with her. She knew of Ansh's crush on Shreshth and therefore wanted to play their matchmaker. So she always tried to find a reason so that Ansh and Shreshth could be together. Hence she grabbed this golden opportunity. Both of them went to the bus-stand and got on the bus, soon they were standing outside of Ansh's house. Ishita rang the bell, it was Devansh who answered the door and stared at Ishita and Shreshth wide-eyed.

" Namaste, uncle," said Ishita.

" Namaste, Sir," said Shreshth.

" Namaste Ishita and Shreshth, I guess".

Shreshth smiled and nodded.

"Is Ansh at home?", Ishita asked.

"Yes, he is. He is in his room. Come on in," Devansh said.

Shreshth and Ishita entered the house. Shreshth looked around the house. The house was quite beautiful. The walls were painted lime, there was a picture hanging in each of the walls, a sofa was placed in the living room facing the television set that was screwed to the wall, a staircase was running up to the second floor, the staircase was attached to the wall. All in all the house was quite cozy.

"He is upstairs in his room. Ishita knows where it is", Devansh said.

Ishita and Shreshth thaked him and went upstairs. They turned right where Ansh's room was situated. Once they vanished from the sight, Ananya and Anshika came out from the bedroom where the were playing. The trio looked at each other as Devansh asked,"Did you see who came looking for Ansh?"

Instead of answering, Ananya and Anshika giggled excitedly.

Ishita and Shreshth,on the other hand, were stnding in front of Ansh's closed door. Ishita knocked on the closed door.

'Coming' a muffled reply came from the inside. The door opened and Ansh's eyes widened comically as he saw who was standing outsiude his door.