Chapter 4

Ansh was sitting in his class taking notes while occasionally glancing at Shreshth. Shreshth was looking handsome as usual. Ansh wanted to talk to him again. He could not wait for the class to be over. Once the class was over everyone got up to leave. Shreshth also got up and was about to leave when Ansh called out for him.

"Shreshth".

Shreshth turned around to see Ansh walking towards him.

"Hi", Ansh said when he came near Shreshth.

"Hi", Shreshth said in return.

"Um do you mind if I walk with you to our next class", Ansh asked.

"Not at all. Infact I would love some company", said Shreshth.

Ansh blushed and both of them started walking towards their next class together. Ansh was in cloud nine. This was the first time he had initiated a conversation with Shreshth. He was proud of himself. As they were walking together someone called for Ansh from behind them. They both turned around to see Avantika walking towards them. As she came near Ansh, she asked, "Can I talk to you for a moment, Ansh?"

Ansh nodded.

Avantika thanked him and asked,"When we bumped into each other today did you see something fall out of my bag or did you find something?"

Ansh wanted to say yes. Instead he said, "No, I did not see or find anything."

Avantika looked dejected by the answer but she nodded and left after saying thanks.

Ansh breathed a sigh of relief. He looked towards Shreshth and found him frowning at the retreating back of Avantika. He then looked at Ansh and asked, "Is everything ok?"

Ansh smiled and said, "Yeah everything is fine. We bumped into each other this morning, that's it."

Shreshth did not believe Ansh but let the subject drop. Both of them walked towards their class chatting about their day.

Ansh was sitting in his bed the Citrine flower in his hand. He felt bad lying to Shreshth. He also did not know why he lied to Avantika. But he knew that he did not want to part with the flower. He felt a strange pull towards this flower. He wanted to break it but he wanted to cherish it as well. He sighed and put the flower beside him and went downstairs.

Devansh was preparing dinner while Ananya was setting up the table. The doorbell rang. Ananya went to open the door and found a girl standing on the porch.

"Yes, how can I help you?," Ananya asked.

"Namaste, ma'am. I am Avantika, a friend of Ansh. Is he at home?" asked Avantika politely.

"Yes he is. Let me call him. Ansh, your friend Avantika is here".

Ansh who was walking downstairs froze mid way. 'Avantika? What was she doing here?', he thought. He quickly went downstairs and went to the door. Avantika smiled at him once she saw him. Ananya left them alone once Ansh arrived. Ansh went outside and closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing here, Avantika?", he asked.

Avantika said nothing. She just smiled sweetly and placed her hand on Ansh's shoulder. Ansh blinked. One moment he was standing on the front porch of his house the next he was standing in the middle of some abandoned car station. Ansh started at his surroundings wide eyed. He could not make out what happened.

"What" he said in confusion. He looked at Avantika for explanation but she just smiled before grabbing his neck in a vice grip and squeezing it. Ansh grabbed her hand trying to get free but he couldn't.

"Where is the Citrine flower, Ansh?" Avantika asked.

Ansh did not answer. Instead he struggled to get free. Avantika, tired of Ansh's feeble struggle, threw him on the ground before stepping on his chest. Ansh groaned in pain. Avantika extended her hand forward and her hand lit up with fire. Ansh who was struggling froze as he saw her hand lit up. Avantika smirked at the shock look on Ansh's face before saying, "I bet you did not know what was coming your way." She raised her hand up and was about to attack Ansh when a spear came flying through the air and embedded itself in her hand causing her to wail in pain.

The Mourning Moonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें