Chapter -8

It was 4:30p.m. of Sunday. Ansh was laying down on his bed, completely bored out of his mind. He had finished his projects and all his college work. Once done, he went to help his parents. But his parents send him back to his room for he had been helping them this whole week. So he had nothing to do right now. The doorbell rang. As soon as the doorbell rang Ansh quickly got up and ran down the stairs yelling 'I got it'. He opened the door and to his surprise it was Ishita.

"Ishita. What a pleasant surprise!What are you doing here?", Ansh said excitedly.

"Why are you so excited to see me? You are never excited to see me," commented Ishita.

Ansh sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck and said,"Well you see, I was alone in my room doing nothing but laying down. I was bored out of mind so...."

"You could do some college work."

"I have already finish my work."

"Really? So you are free?"

"Of course I am free. Did you need my help with something?"

"First of all, I don't need any help. Second, are you going to invite me in or not?"

"Oh right. Come in, come in."

Ishita entered the house. She greeted Ansh's parents and talked with them for a while before going to his room. As soon as they reached his room Ishita went straight to Ansh's wardrobe and rummaged through it.

"What are you doing?", asked Ansh but Ishita just shushed him. After going through his wardrobe, Ishita came out with a grey hoodie and black jeans and ordered him to change into them. Ansh looked at her questioningly but she just urged him to go change. So he went to his bathroom and changed. Once done, he got out. Ishits was satisfied with the result.

"You look good, Ansh. Now let's go", Ishita said.

"Where are we going?", asked Ansh.

"Well that's a surprise", she winked.

Soon both of them were standing at a huge door that was in front of a huge mansion. There was a huge lawn in front of it, decorated with flower plants, the grass green through which a marbled path ran along towards the mansion. A fountain was situated on one side of the lawn. As Ansh walked through it, he could see that the lawn was well maintained. They now stood in front of the door that had intricate design. Two flower pots with red roses growing on them, were placed on the either side of the door.

Ansh held Ishita's hand and in a low voice asked,"Where have you brought us?"

Ishita just shushed him and rang the doorbell. The door opened revealing Somya who was dressed in an elegant black figure hugging gown wearing diamond necklace and earrings. She smiled at Ansh and frowned at Ishita.

"What are you wearing?", asked Somya.

"What are You wearing. I thought we were keeping it simple," retorted Ishita who was wearing a white leggings and black kurti.

"You guys might be but I am going all out. Come on in", Somya invited them in.

Ishita entered the house followed closely by Ansh. As soon as he entered the house, his mouth went agape. The mansion was huge. The walls was painted lilac. A chandelier was hanging from the ceiling. The windows were made of glass through which sunlight filtered through. Hanging flower pots were decorated on each side of the windows. A luxurious sofa set sat in the middle on which Vivaan was lounging. Vivaan was wearing a black suit to match with his girlfriend.
There was a staircase in the middle of the huge hall decorated with flowers and the walls were decorated with colourful fairy lights.

"Do you live here?", Ansh asked.

"Yep. Me, Vivaan and Shreshth live here", answered  Somya.

Ansh looked at Ishita in surprise as he said, "Shreshth lives here?"

Ishita just smiled as she nodded.

"Oh, um, who decorated the house?", Ansh asked.

"Me and Vivaan did. After all today is Shreshth's birthday."

"What! Today his Shreshth's birthday!", exclaimed Ansh.

"Yeah", said Somya as if it was obvious which it was as a huge Happy birthday sign was hanging above one of the windows which was easily visible had Ansh been a bit more attentive instead of ogling the house. He then glared at Ishita who looked at everywhere but him.

"Why didn't you tell me anything", Ansh complained.

"I thought you knew," Ishita defended herself.

"Well obviously I didn't. You should have told me."

"I wanted to surprise you"

"But I did not get him anything."

"Your presence itself is a gift,Ansh," said Somya.

Ansh was about to say something but was struck to silence by Shreshth's presence. Shreshth was wearing a grey hoodie and black jeans as well. His were adorned by pearl earings. His long shoulder length hair that were always tied in a ponytail were let down. He was looking beautiful. Shreshth walked down the stairs, his eyes were fixed on Ansh. Once hw was standing in front of him, Shreshth said 'hi'. 'Hi' Ansh repeated. Shreshth looked at Ansh and said "Nice outfit".

"Thanks, yours too." Ansh and Shreshth stared at each other before they burst out laughing.

Somya, Vivaan and Ishita looked at each other with a conspiracy smile, happy that their plan worked.

After reganing his composure Ansh said, " Um, Happy Birthday. I am sorry I didn't get you anything as I didn't know today was your birthday".

Shreshth smiled and said, "It's ok. Let's just enjoy ourselves." He then looked at others and said "Shall we start". Everyone nodded enthusiastically. Soon the party started. Shreshth cut the cake, everyone wished him happy birthday. They danced together and played charades. The boys won so they got to decide the next game. Vivaan suggested spin the bottle. Ansh was excited for it. But the girls groaned and Shreshth rolled his eyes.Ishita brought an empty soda bottle and spun it. It landed on Vivaan.

"Truth or dare Vivaan", asked Ishita polietly.

" Dare," Vivaan confidently chose.

Ishita smirked and said,"I dare you to wear a skirt, a mini skirt."

Vivian choked on his coke. "Seriously, Ishita," he said.

"Seriously, my friend", said Ishita.

Vivaan groaned before he got up and went to a room. After a while he he came out wearing one of Somya's skirts. Everyone laughed as he twirled around. Soon they started playing again and this time the bottle stopped at Ansh.

"Truth or dare, Ansh", Somya asked.

"Truth", answered Ansh.

"Who is your crush?"

Ansh was stunned for a moment before answering, "My crush is the person with long shoulder length hair, with almond shaped eyes and pink lips. They love skydiving and river rafting. They are kindest, most thoughtful person I have ever met. They are caring," stealing a glance at Shreshth.