Chapter 25

It has been two days since Ansh was discharged from the hospital. The doctor had told him to take rest for at least two or three days. He was not allowed to do any activities that might cause stress. Well guess what doc, not doing anything is also giving him stress. But he knew he could not do anything about it as his parents would literally bind him to his bed if he even thought of moving. So here he was lying in his bed, completely bored out of his mind. Why did he have to faint? Ansh frowned at that thought. Why did he faint? He was completely fine before so why did he faint? He was lost in his musings when someone knocked on the door. He looked up and found his friends and Shreshth standing at the doorway. Ansh smiled at them and invited them in.

"Hey bro, how are you feeling?," Vivaan asked.

"Bored," Ansh replied, "I am glad you guys came over."

"We had to. Shreshth and Ishita were chomping my head off in order to meet you," said Vivaan sitting down the desk chair.

"Look who's talking," said Ishita sitting beside Ansh, "You were the one calling me asking what you should make for Ansh that he would enjoy."

"Did not," protested Vivaan.

"Did so."

"Did not."

"Did so."

"Guys, guys, calm down. Stop behaving like children," Somya admonishes them. She then looked at Ansh and said, "Don't mind them. They are just being silly. We were all worried for you." Somya too sat down beside Ansh while Shreshth sat down in another chair.

Shreshth was silent this time as well, just holding his hand this time as well. Ansh could see his concern for him in his eyes. But Shreshth's silence was killing him. He wanted to hear his voice. As if reading his mind, Shreshth spoke up saying,"You look better than before," his voice soft, laced with emotion.

Ansh brightened hearing his voice and said, "Now I feel better than before."

Everyone was talking about their day and how college is boring. The atmosphere was quite lively. Soon Anshika and Devansh entered the room, Anshika holding a tray of snacks while Devansh holding a tray that had a bowl of vegetable soup that Vivaan made for Ansh. The soup was delicious. Ansh's friends stayed there for a while before leaving so that Ansh could rest. Soon Ansh was all alone once again. Lying down on his bed, Ansh was again feeling bored out of his mind. With nothing to do, he decided to complete his mother's story that he, for the life of him, could not complete in a year. He took out the book and started reading from where he left off.

...controlled the metals. She could transform the metals into any form she wanted be it a sword or a spear, an arrow or a knife. Anshuman and Ayena, together were formidable on and off the field. They were greatly loved by their people.

Ansh yawned.

"Long live the king", "Long live the queen", chanted people wherever they went.

Ansh fell asleep.

"Long..."

"Long live..."

"Long live the kings."