Chapter 24

"What do mean by that?," Devansh asked.

"What I mean to say is that your son has no ailing physically. He is a perfectly healthy young man. But I can not say that for his mental state. Maybe he fainted because of stress or maybe not."

"I see," Devansh said looking towards Ananya.

While Ansh's parents and the doctor were talking, Shreshth went near the glass window through which he could see Ansh, laying so peacefully on the hospital bed.

--------

It was bright sunny morning. Sunlight was filtering in through the gaps of the tree branches. There was a lake in the clearing in which the rays of the sun were shimmering beautifully. Small little children were playing in the lake making weird motions with their hands causing small wave to rise. A child was sitting on the bank of the lake. His eyes teary as he tried and failed to rise the water of the lake a little bit. While his peers and his friend could make the waves rise in the lake, he could not even raise a drop of water. Big, fat tears were falling down his cheeks. He was worthless. He was letting his parents down. He was letting his friends down. But what hurt the most was that he was letting his master down. The one who believed in him the most. The child felt someone wipe away his tears. He looked up and found his master smiling gently at him. the child launched himself in his master's arm and hid his face in his chest as he cried silently, his master giving him silent comfort, running his hand up and down his back in a comforting manner.

Slowly, Ansh opened his eyes. He looked around himself and frowned at the unfamiliar surroundings before that frown changed to a smile when he saw Shreshth beside him. He fell back asleep. The next time he came to he found his mother sitting beside him and his father standing behind her, a look of concern on their face. He smiled and said, "Hey, Ma. Hey Dad."

"Don't 'Hey, Ma' me. I am quite mad at you," Ananya said.

"Why? What happened?"

"What happened? What happened? You fainted, Ansh. The doctors say it may be because of stress."

"Were you stressed about something, son?," Devansh asked his son. "You know you can tell us anything you want, right? You don't have to shoulder any stress or problems on you own, okay?"

Ansh nodded. He knew he can share anything with his parents. But the events of the past few weeks? No, he can't do that. Why? He did not know. But his gut feeling was telling him not to.

After his parents left, Ishita and Somya came to visit him.

"How are you feeling?," asked Somya.

"A bit groggy. But otherwise fine."

"Good. You know you scared us half to death," said Ishita.

"Sorry, Ishi."

"Now you take care of yourself, ok. "

Ansh smiled and nodded. Vivaan and Shreshth entered once Ishita and Somya left. Ansh's eyes were drawn to Shreshth.

"Hey dude, you feeling good?," asked Vivaan.

Ansh smiled and nodded. While Vivaan and Ansh talked, Shreshth stayed silent. Instead, he slowly but surely held Ansh's hand. Ansh tightened his hold on Shreshth's hand as he spoke to Vivaan.