Chapter 27

"No. No. A big no. No. No. Jeez brother, you are such a boring person. You do not own even a single party outfit. And the outfits you do own are so boring. You don't have any fashion sense at all. How is Shreshth going to fall for someone as boring as you?," Anshika complained as she went through her brother's wardrobe.

Ansh was invited to a party at Shreshth's house. Vivaan was the one to organize the party. What was the party for? Well, Vivaan kept it a secret saying he will reveal it once everyone was at the party. As to the theme of the party, he asked every to dress flashy. And to Ansh's great dismay he did not own anything flashy. So his sister was trying to help him but was failing miserably. Ananya and Devansh could not believe that their children, THEIR CHILDREN, were so dumb when it came to fashion.

"Anshi, are you stupid? Why would Shreshth care what I wear? He is not the type who care about what anyone is wearing. He only cares about a person's personality," said Ansh, crossing his arm over his chest.

"Everyone cares how their partner looks like."

"Not everyone."

"Fine, not everyone cares. But at least you could try to look presentable for your soon to be partner."

"Anshi is right, Ansh," said Ananya. "If you want to impress Shreshth, you need to step up your game."

"Your mother is right, Ansh. You know what, since you don't have something flashy, let's go buy some for you," Devansh suggested.

Soon they were standing inside a supermarket, going through various options. Ansh tried on many clothes, most of them cruelly rejected by his sister. Finally, they settled on a black long cape cardigan and white ripped jeans. Once Ansh was ready, he waited for Ishita to pick him up. As Ishita arrived in her scooty, she whistled seeing Ansh.

"Who are you and what have you done to my friend?," Ishita remarked causing Ansh to blush.

"Oh shut it, Ishi. Can we go now?," Ansh said feeling embarrassed.

"Oh, eager are we? Ok, hop on. Let's go."

Ansh got on the scooty and both went off to their destination. Soon they reached Shreshth's mansion. They parked the scooty in the parking spot and walked through the front lawn that was decorated with orange and yellow fairy lights. Some guests were outside chilling near the fountain. Ansh and Ishita made their way to the mansion. A loud music was coming from the inside. People were dancing. Some were playing pool. Soda and food booth were set both inside and out.
People were having fun. Ishita made a beeline to soda booth while Ansh's eyes were searching for a certain person. His eyes landed on the said person who was hiding in the corner away from the crowd. As soon as their eyes met, Ansh felt his heart skip a beat. Shreshth looked beautiful as ever in black shirt and ripped jeans. Ansh, as usual, was mesmerized. He slowly made his way to Shreshth. As he neared, he noticed that Shreshth was wearing a see through shirt. Ansh gulped.

"Hey," Shreshth said.

"Hey," Ansh replied breathily.

"Did you just arrive?"

"Yes. You, um ,you look hot."

Shreshth blushed as he said, "Thank you. So do you."

Ansh smiled. He looked around and said, "Nice party."

"Thanks. But the credit goes to Vivaan. He planned all of this. "

"By the way, where is he?"

"Maybe with Somya. After all today is well, a special day for them. Come on, let me take you to them."

Both made their way through the crowd towards Vivaan and Somya who were standing with Ishita, discussing something. As Somya saw Shreshth and Ansh make their way towards them, she waved them over.

"There you are, Ansh. And I see you found our recluse friend as well," said Vivaan.

Shreshth just rolled his eyes at that. Ansh smiled and asked, "So, are you going to tell us what the reason for the party?"

"Soon," Somya said.

Ishita who was drinking three sodas in one go, chuckled and said, "They do not need a reason to throw a party. Just a reason as silly as a butterfly coming out of its cocoon is enough for them to celebrate."

"Hey, it's called celebration of life, first of all. And, secondly, there is a legit reason for today's celebration." As soon as Somya said that, Vivaan took the microphone and addressed all the guest.

"Hello, everyone," he said causing everyone to give their attention to him. Once he had everyone's attention, he began. "Thank you all for coming here and celebrating this special today with me. I know you all are quite curious as to why I threw this party. Well the answer is simple. Me and Somya are...getting MARRIED." Everyone cheered for them. Shreshth and Ishita clapped happily for them while Ansh was surprised. He was happy for them as well. He looked towards Shreshth and decided that today he is going to ask him out.