Chapter 12

Ansh stared in front of him. Protecting him from the fireball was a shield. A shield made of diamonds. Ansh stared at the shield in awe. Avantika threw one fireball after another at the shield but the shield did not buckle one bit. All of a sudden, the shield turned into a sword and attacked her. She kept on throwing fireballs at it, but it did not stop the sword. Avantika realized it was futile to fight. So she opened a portal behind her and stepped through it. The portal closed before the sword could harm her in anyway.

On the other side of the forest, the same scene played out. When the bear realized it was losing, it too vanished through the portal. Once the bear vanished, the guy turned his attention towards Ansh who gently touched the sword in utter amazement. As soon as Ansh touched the sword it vanished into thin air. The guy walked towards Ansh and stopped in front of him.

"You love to attract trouble towards you, don't you?", said the guy.

"What! No, I..... Why do you say so?", Ansh said.

"Well, I say so because I had to save your ass twice now."

"Um, about that. Thank you for saving me both times. I owe you and your friend, my life."

"My husband, actually".

"Oh!"

"Yeah. By the way, why are they after you anyway?, " asked the guy.

Ansh stiffened at the question. Instead of answering, he asked, "Can you send me home?"

"Of course I can. Let's get you home." The guy put his hand on Ansh's shoulder. Within a blink, they were standing in front of Ansh's house.

"There you go. Your home." The guy let go of Ansh's shoulder. "Don't go getting into any more trouble, understood," saying that the guy vanished.

Ansh let out a breath of relief when the guy left without any further questions. He clutched his jacket tightly and possessively. He will do everything to keep this Citrine flower safe and sound and as his.

-----

It was Sunday. The sun was shinning brightly in the blue sky. The birds were chirping happily. Anshika was standing outside in the lawn with her brother who was just staring at the distance vacantly. Anshika had had enough. She wanted to enjoy her Sunday with her brother, playing her favourite games. But her brother was too busy staring to give her any attention. So she did what any sane person would do in this situation, according to her. She stomped on Ansh's foot.

"Ow!", exclaimed Ansh. "What the hell is wrong with you?," he yelled as he held his hurting leg while hobbling on the other.

"You tell me. You are staring at the distance, not paying any attention to me," yelled Anshika, in return.

"You want my attention? Well, I will give you attention now," threatened Ansh. At that, Anshika ran as Ansh chased after her, hobbling.

"Catch me if you can," yelled Anshika as she ran from Ansh.

"Come here, you brat," yelled Ansh as he chased after his sister.