Clearing the Air

Ian finds himself under the L, where he often comes to escape the stresses of life. As he sits on the quiet side, he observes the usual homeless people walking around, doing whatever they can to survive. The neighborhood residents also pass by occasionally, going about their day-to-day activities. The gravel is scattered with debris of all sorts, and the big stone pillars are adorned with spray-painted words that Ian can't quite spell out.

Ian's thoughts are interrupted as he takes a sip from his half-drunken beer bottle. He knows that drinking on his medication is not ideal, but he just needs a momentary escape. As he gazes at the empty landscape around him, he hears footsteps approaching from behind. At first, he doesn't pay much attention, but as they stop right behind him, his heart starts racing.

He turns around abruptly to find Mickey standing behind him. He sits down next to him. Despite the initial shock, Ian manages to relax a little.
Mickey's holding his own beer. An old style. He sips it, before saying something. "You okay?"

Ian observes the jet-black-haired man sitting beside him, who seems to be avoiding his gaze. Ian notices that he tends to do this whenever he's feeling uneasy or uncomfortable in a situation. Despite his desire to smile at Mickey, Ian restrains from doing so. He feels a sense of contentment inside, seeing that Mickey's finally gathered the courage to speak again.

"Yeah," Ian says.

There's a beat of silence between them again.

"Got another gig with the boys soon."

Mickey's avoiding the argument. He's doing whatever to not bring it up, Ian can see that.

"Cool," Ian says, taking a swig of the beer.

Mickey looks down at the ground and opens his mouth before closing it again. The awkward silence continues to linger between them, punctuated only by the unspoken words that seem to be floating in the air, just out of reach.

Mickey finally speaks, "I was a dick for yellin' at you like that."

"Yeah, you were," Ian replies, still trying to catch Mickey's gaze. The man runs a tattooed hand through his ruffled hair.

He sighs, "You wanna like... Forgive me or somethin'?"

Ian looks at him for a long while, admiring the blue eyes, the pretty face of this man. Fuck, Ian can't not forgive him. "Yeah."

"Okay. You forgive me?"

"Say it first."

Mickey's eyebrows pull together in confusion. "Say fuckin' what?"

"I'm sorry."

Mickey sighs, standing up, "I hate you." He stands still for a moment, staring at the dead-serious redhead with frustration in his eyes, "I am fuckin' sorry."

Ian stands up, walking towards Mickey placing a hand on the back of his neck. "I forgive you."

Mickey seems to sigh with relief, his face softens. "Missed ya'..."

"I missed you too."

Ian moves closer to Mickey, feeling the warmth of their bodies as they press against each other. He leans in and gently presses his lips to Mickey's, feeling the softness and warmth of them. They stand there for a moment, feeling the tenderness of the moment as they breathe each other in through the soft kisses. The world around them fades away, leaving only the two of them at that moment, lost in the sweetness of their love for one another.