The the Knot?

An Old Style beer and a joint are Ian Gallagher's go-to escape from life's troubles. Hell, it's almost enough for him to forget what he did earlier that same day. But when his boyfriend drops the bombshell that he'll be gone for a whopping six months, Ian finds himself in the middle of a typical Gallagher bash, drink in one hand and joint in the other.

The party's in full swing, everyone's in high spirits (literally), celebrating who knows what – maybe Carl's return from juvie or Debbie's pregnancy news, Ian's not even sure anymore.

Lip, plops down next to him on the stairs. They share a moment of silence, taking in the chaos around them.

"So, six months, huh?" Lip takes a swig of his beer.

Ian lets out a heavy sigh. "Yeah, gotta love it," he replies, the weight of it all sinking in.

Lip gives him an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "Hey, think positive, man."

Ian can't help but scoff. "What's positive about this shit?"

"Well, on the bright side, you'll have some killer sex when he's back," Lip quips, earning a playful shove from Ian.

They share a laugh, but underneath it all, Ian can't shake the feeling of missing Mickey – every part of him. He misses Mickey more than words can express – his touch, his laughter, the way he looks at him with those intense eyes. Every moment apart feels like an eternity, and the thought of six months without him is almost unbearable.

"You could marry him," Lip suddenly says, breaking the quiet moment between them.

Ian looks at his brother as if he's unbelievable. "What?!" he exclaims, caught off guard by Lip's unexpected suggestion.

Lip shrugs casually, taking a sip of his beer. "I'm just saying, why not make it official, you know? You tie the knot and then you won't have to spend so much time apart. It's like a permanent bond that keeps you together, no matter what."

Ian's mind races at the idea, a mix of surprise and intrigue swirling within him. The thought of marrying Mickey, of making their bond permanent and recognized, sends a rush of emotions through him. But at the same time, it feels daunting, a step he hadn't fully considered until now.

"Think about it," says Lip, standing up and joining everyone else dancing and singing along to 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton.

Marriage.

Shit.

Now that someone mentions it, Ian can't help but picture it – marrying Mickey. He envisions Mickey in a tuxedo, a hint of nervousness in his walk down the aisle. Or standing by the altar as Ian walks down, fidgeting with nerves but filled with love, walking towards his soon-to-be husband. He imagines the vows, the rings, the kiss, the dancing, the food, cake. Then the honeymoon suite they would probably spend the night in. Man, Ian would worship every part of Mickey, from his lips to his fingertips, exploring every inch of his body with reverence and devotion on their wedding night.

Mickey, his husband.

Not a bad idea.