It's a surprise

It stayed silent, a little too long for Regina's liking.

Regina had seen Scarlett get angry before, so that was nothing new for her. But she hadn't seen this side of the girl. 

Scarlett kept quiet, face not changing one bit. She wasn't shocked, neither was she panicked, she was impressed. 

Scarlett was impressed that the insecure and oblivious redhead even dared to pull an act like this. She never thought of the girl as a thread, she was simply too much of a nobody for that. But somehow she still did it.

Regina expected her to freak out, to flip everything over and absolutely end the girl with a snap of her finger.

However, the opposite happened. 

Scarlett kept her calm, putting a kind smile on her face and looking back at Regina. 

"Alright, if she wants to play evil that's okay" Her voice was laced with venom, the exact opposite of the expression on her face. 

If Regina was being honest right now, she would admit that she was a little scared. You could see the madness behind Scarlett's eyes. Some kind of plan forming in her head, but she wouldn't show it.

Scarlett knew how to let the girl pay for her actions.

The only thing is that Cady would only realise it in a week.

"Scar..." Regina stammered, trying to get the girl to talk.

"Hm" 

"What's going on, I- I can't figure out what you're feeling right now" 

Scarlett looked at Regina, letting out a sigh before she started talking with the same evil smile on her face. 

"Well, if Cady wants to play this game, she's gotta have to get ready for whatever's coming for her. It's as simple as that. She wants to start this, might as well get ready for the backfire. We only have to make sure that there won't be a single sign of her left by the end of Halloween" 

Regina shook her head, not satisfied with the answer. She knew that Scarlett would have a plan by now, that was nothing new. The only thing she wanted to know before getting to action was whatever Scarlett truly felt behind her mask.

"No baby, what is it you're feeling? Are you okay? I know how you are with your food, how you let it control you" Regina didn't want to hurt the girl more with her words, so she tried to play it safe. 

Scarlett stayed silent again, debating whether to get into it or not. She trusted Regina, she really did. They had talked about it before. But letting these things get to her head, would only satisfy Cady, she would get her win. 

"I'm" There was a little pause, for a moment Regina could see a hint of hurt and panic behind Scarlett's eyes. "Alright," This answer was enough for Regina to step closer to the girl.

"C'mere baby" Regina wrapped her arms around the other girl's torso in a comfortable hug. For a moment Scarlett was taken aback, not expecting this response after such a short answer. 

"It's okay to be scared for now, really" She whispered in Scarlett's ear. She took a sharp breath, not wanting to get too caught up in her feelings

Scarlett wasn't sure if she felt scared really. Honestly, she didn't even know what she felt overall.

Everything felt like a rollercoaster of emotions. She was mad at Cady, mad that she let this happen to her so easily. She also found it funny, she was surprised that Cady would even dare to lay a finger on Scarlett. But she felt shaken as well, Regina was right about her food habits, how she would let such a small thing control most of her days.