'✦ ˑWhisper Pain 𓂃⊹

Zoro unsheathed his sword out carefully, locking eyes with bounty hunter. His gaze was firm and tight, and his face seemed grouchy as always. He was ready, but he remained still. His shoes shuffled for one moment, and for a split second, his sword finally unsheathed by a bit.

Shiing!

. . .

That noise. That noise rang again. That annoying, high-pitched, irritating noise. Zoro's gaze seemed to flinch, almost like a wince because of the sound. How could a sound hurt you? A sound could hurt you in many ways. Zoro learned that from experience. The hard way.

Zoro squinted his eyes. A squint turned into a sliver of pain. A sliver of pain turned into a sharp ringing once again. He shut his eyes, tightening them. His stance was still unwavering, but his grip on the sword was loosened. Just by a bit.

Zoro had to keep his attention back to the bounty hunters. The more he stayed unfocused, the more he was vulnerable to any attacks. He hid his wince and tried to open his eye. A cold sweat ran down his forehead. It dropped on the floor. His grip on the sword tightened again. He had gotten his stance back.

Scuffling his feet once again, he actually got prepared to fight now.
________________________________________________________________________________
' ˑWhisper Pain 𓂃