Chapter 4: Coming to A Decision

Waking up the next morning was a difficult task. My head felt like it weighed a ton and my eyes just didn't want to open and welcome the bright rays of today's sun. I groaned and face planted into my soft fluffy pillow as I tried to phase out the loud echo of my alarm.

Well Sky, we had a fun twenty-four hours don't you think? My inner self relaxed down on the bed with me, her face full of amusement.

"This sucks." I said, my voice muffled by pillow.

Now, now, let's not judge the situation so harshly. Shall we recap?

I'm starting to think really I am crazy.

You keep thinking that. She smiled. So, in twenty-four hours you have broken a man's nose and seriously burned his crotch, cut your finger and completely ruined the spaghetti, met a super cute doctor and got his number, and of course let's not forget the whole arranged marriage issue.

You had to remind me.

What are inner selves for if not to remind of your demise?

I sighed and kicked off my blankets. Time to get up.

With a quick commando roll out of bed I stumbled my way over to my wardrobe and pulled on my black pencil skirt, my silky, purple coloured blouse and my black cardigan ready to tackle the day ahead. Looking over my schedule I saw I had to stop by Lila's Café and run their numbers - they suspected one of their staff of pinching from the till so they had me coming in more often than usual.

With a smile on my face I made my way out of my building and down the street until I found the small corner store café. It's lovely, petite, vintage style always made me feel oddly comfortable and cosy - but I suspected that, that had more to do with the amazing service of the owners. Pushing open the heavy white panelled door I looked up hearing the small chime of the bell as I entered. The interior of the small café was very practical which was refreshing from all of the upper class restaurants my father mostly associated with, everything in this room had a purpose, there was no unnecessary and ugly, disturbing statues or fountains splashing water into your coffee, it was just small chairs, tables and couple of run down couches in the corner for small gatherings. I liked the intimacy of the place.

"The usual Sky?" The sweet, soft voice of Kathy - the main barista - greeted me.

"Yes, please." I smiled at her as I made my way over to the office and sat myself down in the small cluttered desk just opposite the storeroom. My smile fell the moment I laid eyes on the unkempt stack of loose-leaf papers scattered around. What the hell happened to my organisation system?

It went on vacation?

Clearly. I rolled my eyes and focused down at the mess. This is going to take awhile.

Two extra strong coffees later and my blood was pumping with energy. The work was finally on the verge to being finished and the office looked once again organised.

Don't you think it rather ironic how your job entails so much organisational skills and you can't even organise your thoughts correctly.

Maybe the coffee was a bad idea; the delicious liquid seemed to only fuel my inner self.

That's right, I'm still here! She waved at me with a creepy smile on her face making me flinch back, wide eyed.

Defiantly too much coffee for one day.

Rolling my eyes I pushed up off the desk and made my outside the office, quickly ordering a small muffin as I waited for Kathy to finish the busy rush so I could give her back the key to the office. Shifting my attention I let my mind wonder to the recent events that have rocked my life in the last two days. I still hadn't decided if I was going through with this so-called 'proposal'.