Chapter 7: Section C Intimacy and Romance

Saying my goodbyes to Sandra Renner was a difficult task. I would smile and start to leave and she would only keep talking. I was sure it would be rude for me to just walk out mid-sentence but god, I was tempted. I was never one of those people who could just talk and talk or even the kind that thrived at public speaking – no I was more the type to hide in the locked bathroom stall until my class was over and just tell the teacher that I had gotten really sick.

I slid into the taxi and looked over my non-existent notes. Apart from Sandra making a few appointments for cake tastings and venue viewings, there was nothing of importance. I did however discover that the details of this so called 'marriage agreement' was being discussed between me and Renner so that was a positive.

The only positive in that meeting really? But hey, at least you didn't eat a fly.

I shuddered at the thought.

I looked through my diary and added in all the dates Sandra discussed with me and saw that I had a few small jobs coming up over the coming weeks. Maybe I should get this agreement over and done with today? At least then I can worry about other things.

To the building of Lust we go!

"Actually, can you take me to the Lustrous head office please?" I asked the driver giving him my new instructions causing him to make a U-turn. I gave the driver the address as the head office wasn't actually at the hotel and collected my things in the back of the taxi.

Getting out I took a moment to stare up at the big average styled office building and recalled the last time I came running out of those doors after I hit and burned the man I was now going to marry. It was strange how things all ways come back around.

I wonder, did you even break his nose? It looked fine last night. Maybe we can wipe that off your conscience? Hey Conscience!

While my inner self was busy trying to once again locate my conscience, I took the opportunity to enter. Going up in the elevator I came to a stop at the 'Lustrous Company Administration' floor and saw it was just the same as it had been at the beginning of the week – Deep French Puce coloured walls and offices busy and alive with movement. I wondered over to the first reception desk and recognised the lady behind the desk as the women who guided me up here only days ago.

"Hi." I smiled at her. "I need to speak with Mr Renner please."

She looked up at me from her computer screen, the recognition blooming in her eyes. "You do?" She frowned in confusion before quickly recovering her professional composure. "His reception is just through there." She nodded and smiled at me but I could still see the confusion in her eyes – I didn't blame her, a girl he interviewed only days ago coming back unannounced, it was strange.

I slowly turned around on my heel, thankful that my inner self was still preoccupied and opened the door to the narrow reception area just before Renner's office. The new assistant sat at her desk looking up with flirtatious eyes at Anthony as he leaned down and feed her another cheesy pick line that was enough to make me gag. Just as I had suspected, when they said I would have been good to keep him focussed, it wasn't a compliment.

I smirked wickedly as I came up with the perfect idea.

Swinging my hips I walked forward catching both their attentions. The assistant regarded me with confusion but the shock on Anthony's face was so priceless I wanted to pause and take a picture.

"Hi honey, I'm so sorry I'm late." I smiled sweetly as I reached him and rubbed my hand up his muscular arm before letting it rest on his cheek. "Your mother kept me extremely busy with the wedding plans."