Chapter 12: Simple, Classy and Elegant Jewels

Getting up the next morning my head was pounding, my body felt like I had just swum a marathon in a lava filled volcano and the echoing sound of my blood pulsing and my heart thumping in my chest gave me a skull crushing headache.

I am never drinking again.

That's what you said last time.

Well this time I mean it.

The slight knock on my bedroom door caught my attention making me look over at the painted white door to find Jessie, creaking the door open with caution. "Sky?" she called attentively, "you awake?"

"I think so," I groaned as I lifted my head up further to get better look at Jessie as she walked cautiously into my room, a glass of orange juice in her hand. "Although if this is life, it isn't worth living."

She gave me a soft smile and sat down on the edge of my bed next to me before gently handing me the full cup of orange juice and some Advil - all of which I downed within seconds.

"So how did last night go?" She questioned, her usually interested behaviour returning.

"It was a train wreck, the date was going fine until Anthony decided to show up and invite himself." My small smile quickly turned into a glare as I recalled the way he strutted into our date and helped himself to a seat before scarring my date away.

Jessie couldn't contain the light chuckle that escaped her no matter how quickly her hand raised to cover her smile or how much she bit down on her bottom lip to stop the violent shakes of laughter.

"It's not funny!" I pressed, feeling my annoyance peek. "I was humiliated."

Although it did turn out to be an interesting evening, did it not?

Well, yes, okay it did. But that still defeats the purpose.

You wanted a date and you got one.

Just with the wrong guy...

Or maybe it was the right guy?

"And then?" Jess pressed, her curiosity peeking.

"I had a little too much to drink since I only ate a little bit of chicken and almost threw up in his car."

This made Jessie erupt into a long fit of giggles, in which I responded with a pointed glare in her direction.

"So first you're all grumpy because I'm going out on a date and then you are all like, 'Tell me about it'?" I snapped at my friend. "Seriously Jessie, getting whiplash here."

Well someone is a moody bitch this morning.

Shut up.

Jessie's expression fell a little before she looked down at her fingers, a little red from the cool morning, and interlaced them. "I don't approve of this whole agreement thing, you know that." She defended herself in that stern tone she normally reserved for her students. "But that doesn't mean I don't love you and want to hear about your life. And besides," she added, a small sad smile creeping back on to her face as she looked at me. "I just realised that you're going to be moving out soon and I'll miss you."

"Jess." I smiled at her and leaned in to give her a hug. She was like a sister, and it was going to be hard leaving her behind. Maybe I could bring her with me? I mean Anthony will surely have a massive house, maybe Jessie could stay for a while.

Maybe, forever?

Forever, forever is good.

"Okay, that's it before I start crying, I have to be at work in an hour so I better head off." She sniffed as she pulled back from my embrace and stood up from the bed.