Chapter 21: Finding His Genius

"Are you ready?" Anthony banged his head on the door of the bathroom like the juvenile he is.

"Do you know how long it takes to straighten your hair?" I asked rhetorically. "No? Then shut up."

I flicked my hair again and attempted to tame my the little ringlets that have already began to kink up at the ends of my hair. I pouted and death stared my hair.

Sky?

Yes, inner demon?

The straightener is burning your hair.

I sniffed the air getting a strong whiff of the burning smell coming from my hair. "Fuck!" I swore and dropped the straightener to the ground and started fanning my hair.

The door opened at my panicked swears and Anthony looked around taking in the situation.

"What happened? Why does it smell?" He recoiled at the burning smell.

"Get out!" I tried to cover myself better since I was only in my bra and my high waist skin-shorts that went under my dress.

"Why does it smell?" He repeated the question.

"I kept the straightener in my hair too long and burnt it." I looked down at the straightener on the floor to see the plates had popped off. "And now I've broken my straightener. You know what, I'm not going."

I walked out of the bathroom and threw myself on the bed, grabbing a pillow I decided to wallow in my bad luck.

"Sky, I don't have time for your crap, I need you ready to leave in two minutes." He pressed as he grabbed my foot and pulled.

"No!" I clawed at the sheets trying to get a grip but failed. Anthony pulled me off the bed until I fell onto the floor with a loud thud. "Ow."

"Up. Now. Sky." He turned and disappeared in to the large wardrobe. He was already dressed to impressed, with his navy blue suit, white shirt and burgundy tie - all Skylar Martin approved.

I pulled myself back up into a sitting position and glanced into vanity mirror to check that I hadn't ruined my make up too much - not that there was much to ruin, after all, I only had some foundation to smooth out my bright red blush and some lips gloss that tasted way better than it looked.

I licked my lips again.

You might as well eat it out of the tube.

If it was seen as socially acceptable, I probably would.

"Here put this on." Anthony threw a dress on the bed and continued to walk back into the wardrobe.

I rolled my eyes and reached for the dress. It was a burgundy colour that would match Anthony's tie. Standing up, I took the opportunity of an Anthony-free-room to pull on the dress. It was a modest dress, longer, ending at my knees while it smoothed out my curves and rounded my collarbone.

I checked myself over in the mirror and pouted. "I'm still in a bad mood!"

"Let me explain the situation to you." He responded as he walked back into the room and threw a pair of heals on the floor and a few pieces of jewellery on the bed. "I have been trying to get this couple to invest in my companies for the last few years. They have money to burn and the name to draw a lot of attention. Over the last few months they have been open to the possibility but have held off for one reason."

"You're a lose cannon?" I repeated the words Charlene had used to describe him.

Anthony paused for a moment as he blinked at my words. "Shut up and put your shoes on." He held out his hand to help me steady myself.