Chapter 38: Lord of the Park

There was nothing like a job to make you appreciate weekend sleep ins.

I was officially in love... with this bed.

Anthony took a deep breath next to me. He was still lying in bed, bare chested in his track pants reading over some emails that looked so boring they had lulled me right back to sleep.

I watched him look inquisitively at his phone, his bottom lip pressed up a little and his eyes slightly narrowed as he struggled with his thoughts. It was a strangely cute pout. I started to giggle at him.

"What?" He turned to face me, his pout gone completely and his email forgotten. "What's so funny?"

"You."

He frowned. "Me?"

I nodded my head and stretched out my muscles, waking them up. My hand leg cut over onto Anthony's side of the bed and I decided to leave them there. The elevated position was helping with my morning blood flow.

"You know," Anthony began to speak as he moved my arm from around his collar bone, down to rest of his chest. "It's astonishing to think you ever slept with a wall of pillows blocking off your space."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"We used to sleep with a wall of pillows, there was no touching. And now I wake up in the middle of the night to peal you off me. Do you know how hot I get with you sleeping half on top of me?" He rolled his eyes.

I smiled. "I can't help it if I'm hot."

My inner self laughed at the word play and my inner pride decided to come out of hiding once again.

"That would have more credit to it babe if you didn't have drool down your chin and hair sticking to it."

My hand reflexively came up to touch my face and suddenly realized I had been drooling in my heavy sleep. "You're an ass, you know that?"

I got up and walked into the bathroom, washing my face, teeth and brushing my hair. Not too bad now.

But still not hot.

I shrugged off my inner self. I was too relaxed for her shit today.

Walking back into the bedroom I sat down cross legged on the bed. "What are we doing today?"

"Don't know." He continued typing a reply. "What do you want to do?"

I licked my lips unsure. "How about we go to the movies and go have a picnic?"

Anthony leaned up on his elbow. "Look who's getting all romantic on me. Keep this up babe and I might have to start stepping up my game."

"Oh you bet." I bumped him. "You're going to have to really step things up."

Anthony's hand slowly crept up my stomach, his fingers teasing along the edge of my shirt wear cloth met skin. "I think I have a few ideas in mind."

My eyes were darting between his hand drawing patterns on my skin and his lips, eagerly itching their way closer towards me.

"Do you?" I asked breathlessly.

Anthony's lips brushed along my neck, not kissing me, just lightly grazing me. His hot breath sent my skin erupting in bumps and a sudden shiver ran down my spine. Hot or cold, I couldn't tell my own temperature anymore. His lips moved down to my collar bone and hovering over my pulse. My breathing was heavy as my eyes watched the ceiling. My body was responding to his touch, arching and moving itself to give his hands better access.

I moved my hands up into his dark hair and pulled lightly until his lips moved away from the base of my neck. As he lifted his head to look at me, I quickly moved my lips up to meet his hungry for a proper kiss. I was sick of being teased.

Anthony's hand spayed out across my stomach with his fingertips curling at my side – bringing me closer towards him.

His kisses were soft, simple and precise. It was perfect. Perfectly annoying that is. He gave me just enough, made me want him just enough, before his kiss withdrew and he returned with another small and simple kiss. Never letting me deepen the kiss, never letting me get the pleasure I was very interested in having.

I moaned, telling him I wanted more.

And Anthony obliged. Pulling my body closer to his and deepening the kiss, my bottom lip rolling between his teeth. I moved my hands down to his back, feeling his muscles tense and ripple under the softness of my hands. I didn't know what he liked, but I knew what I liked. I moved my hands up and down his body, digging my nails lightly into his skin as I went. I moved my hands to his front, running them down his chest, grazing his skin, until I found the edge of his track-pants where I dug my nails in a little deeper.

Anthony groaned in response. His hand left my stomach and moved downward, settling in between my legs, rubbing at the outsides of my shorts. I pulled back and broke the kiss, my hands quickly putting a stop to Antony's movements. "Slow up just a little." I quickly spoke trying to slow down my breathing and calm my breath.

I knew there wasn't much point in saying no to him. I was going to marry the man but yet I was still hesitant. I just wasn't ready. A part of me was scared, partly of rejection but most of all I was terrified as whole.

"It's okay babe." He rested his forehead against mine and kissed me lightly on the nose.

"Sorry."

His chuckle took me by surprise. "Don't apologise. I'm hungry anyways." He placed a another small kiss, this time on my nose. "What movie did you want to see?"

I took a deep breath as Anthony jumped up off the bed and started towards the kitchen. Getting dressed in my jean shorts, white singlet and black shirt leaving it half undone in the front. It was a warmer day outside and I planned to soak up all the sun I could.

---

After a quick breakfast, Anthony and I decided on going to the park before catching dinner and a late movie.

Hercules hopped along on her leash, busily jumping up randomly and executing the perfect little flip. Anthony chuckled at her and swung our hands still intertwined together. Hercules stopped momentarily to eat some grass before laying down and having a nap.

"I think that's a hint." Anthony stopped walking and laid down the picnic blanket. "Here it is."

It was a beautiful spot, shaded by a large well rooted tree. The sun was bright and warmed the air around us in a way that I haven't felt since last summer. Anthony sat down and leant against the tree, bringing out a book, he started to read it. The book was old and tattered at the edges with a water stain on the cover blurring out part of the title.

I slipped Hercules' leash around my wrist so that she didn't run away and laid down letting my head rest on Anthony's lap while our bunny at the grass.

"What are you reading?"

"Lord of the Rings."

I frowned and reached up to move the front cover more into my view. "It looks so old."

"Yeah I've had it for a while and have a habit of spilling things on it and bending pages." He shrugged carelessly.

"This isn't going to go down well."

"Oh?" He stopped reading and looked down at me, puzzled and curious both.

"Yes I can't handle books with bent pages or water stains. We're going to have to throw out all of them and buy a new one of the bookshelf." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath enjoying life.

"Got ya babe, you can buy a new one for the book shelf."

I smiled happy to have gotten my own way.    

---

Super short update I know but don't worry, longer more frequent updates are on their way! Hope this ties you over till then ;)

Xoxo