Chapter 5: Ungentlemanly, Rude Suitor

I looked my appearance over in the mirror one final time. My hair was pinned back away from my face and curled at the back allowing my hair to fall perfectly down my back, tickling my bare-skin. My make-up was perfect thanks to Jessie, with my cheeks a perfect pink, my skin smooth and my eyes framed the black mascara. My dress was sent over by Charlene, it's black silky material clung a little too much to my figure and held my flesh in so tight that my breast were hardly contained and the slit in the leg that ran all the way up to my high thigh left little to the imagination. This was going to be a bad first impression; I looked like a hooker.

Well I have to hand it to her, she picked quite a dress. It just wasn't me. None of this was me.

Yeah, you might as well walk in there in your underwear – if it were seen as acceptable, then I fear you would be.

I felt my fury begin to build inside of me. This was a bad idea.

I say we just book a ticket to the furthest country and settle there until this whole thing blows over.

No. "We're going to try." I assured myself as I nodded to my reflection.

Yeah sure, 'try'. You do that.

I stepped into my high black strapped heels and ignored the ache in my feet from the ankle breaking heels as I started to make my way towards the door. Giving Jessie a quick wave goodbye and headed out of the door and down to the car. My family driver greeted me with a bright smile as he opened the door for me.

"Thanks Toby." I smiled and slid into the backseat of the car before Toby shut the door and climbed into the driver's seat. It was a relatively short diver from my small apartment to the hotel but it felt like hours, each second we got closer I could feel my doom slowly creeping up on me.

As the car came to a stop and Toby opened my door I knew there was no going back now. I placed my hand in the one Toby had offered me and let him gently guide me out of the car. I looked up at the grand hotel, the front was immaculate. Door frames coloured gold, stoned walls with large pot plants splashing the colour green everywhere that only made the golden lettering in between the first few floors stand out that much more. Lustrous. And to think I wanted to work for this company, I never even had a chance.

Keep the car running and fuel up the jet. Something tells me you're going to need a quick getaway.

Taking a deep breath I started forward. The doors were pulled open for me and the sudden heat filed out of the room as the loud music and talking flooded my ears. The Lustrous has two entrances, the main entrance which was where the reception desk was and the customer lounge for the guest, and this entrance which led straight to the large function room on the first floor and if you travelled up the stairs it led to a club that was open only on weekends.

I'm feeling hot, are you hot?

My heart started to race as my social anxiety began to peak. This was bad, this was very bad.

Oh dear god, kill me now. Look at all these people their just so... gross, and there is far too many of them. Maybe we should kill some, yeah that will work.

I kept my focus off my inner self and her murderous ways and on my breathing. Deep breaths, just breathe. My hands started to shake at my sides and I tried to calm myself down and adjust to the large crowd of people.

"Ah Skylar there you are." I heard Charlene's voice too late. She had her arm linked in mine, holding me tightly like a vice before I could even react and begin to pull away.

I think you should get her a bell for Christmas, that way she can tie it around her neck and we know when to run.

"You can let go, you know." I tried to pull my arm free but her grip only tightened.