Chapter 34: Date Night

I woke up the next morning. With a bounce to my step. I pulled out a few pieces of clothes and held them up against myself, looking into the mirror to see which would look the most professional.

"Oh and make sure you ask questions. But dear god woman don't ask anything obvious, make it imaginative."

I nodded listening as Anthony rolled off a number of do's and don't's about interviews. As an Employer himself I knew this was information I couldn't throw aside. "Got it."

He walked into the wardrobe and stood behind me so that we could see both our reflections in the mirror. He pulled up his collar and started to work his tie around his neck in a loop. "Wear that green top and the black skirt." He nodded towards the two pieces of clothing still hanging up.

"Aren't they a little too informal?" I thought about the simple pencil skirt and the green blouse that had a diamond neckline that I thought was a little too unprofessional while the colour was an emerald green that I thought might be too bold. As a whole it just seemed too casual for an interview with a possible future employer.

"No. You want to seem confident and casual. This is bold enough so that you're noticed and since it's a clothing line you need to look fashionable. And it is still appropriate." He explained as he pulled the top and the skirt and passed them to me.

"Get dressed. We leave in ten."

I walked into the bathroom and quickly got dressed before applying a light coverage of make up. Not too much since I was well aware heavy make up didn't look as good on me as it did on most. I pulled my hair up into a bun and stepped quickly out into the entryway ready to met Anthony at the door.

He passed me with a piece of toast hanging between his teeth as he grabbed his phone and some papers. He gave me a once over as I stepped into his vision, his eyes raking over my figure burning the skin. When his eyes finally met mine again, he reached up and released the claw holding my hair up in a bun and waved it free with his other hand. "Turn around."

I huffed and did as I was told, mostly out of curiosity of what he was doing. I knew he liked my hair down, he had told me as much when we were first forced together. He pulled most of my hair and twirled it before loosely grasping it behind my head adding in the claw. "Better." He nodded his head at his handy work.

Surprised, I turned to the mirror on the wall and checked the new hair do. My hair was loosely pulled back and curled dramatically over the claw with a few strands falling free to frame my face and trickle down my neck.

I liked it.

We left the house in a hurry. Anthony and his drive dropped me off at a small double story building that looked like an old red brick warehouse.

"Remember don't be nervous. Deep breaths and smile. Good luck." Anthony coached me as I slid out the door to face the building. It wasn't as intimidating as the other positions I had gone for but I still felt my nervous eating at me.

Ready? My inner-self bounced up and down with excitement.

I took a deep breath hoping she would shut her mouth during the next half an hour of my life.

The building on the inside was bright. Bricks were painted white with colourful posters with inspiring quotes and cute pictures. I immediately liked the atmosphere. I was guided up a flight of stairs to an office that overlooked the rest of the warehouse work floor. The old walls had been replaced by glass to make it look much bigger than it truly was and brighten up the once gloomy work station.

Walking in I met with the CFO who was interviewing me. She had thin black hair down to her waist and even thinner eyes that look more black than brown. Looking up she smiled at me. "Hi you must be Skylar Martin." Standing up she extended out a hand in greeted to which I gladly shook. "My name is Debra I'm the CFO here at Vibe. Please take a seat."