𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

The story continues below...

--🦢--

"Yes, I think I'm fine now. Sorry for the disturbance. I think I forgot to close the door after I returned back" I said as I looked down.

"Why are you feeling sorry? Anyway where did you go? Was the door open from when you came back from uni?" He asked.

"No, I remember closing the door. But I had gone to get my medicines at around 5. So I think I forgot then. " I said pointing at the tablets on the desk. 

"Are you sick? Why didn't you tell me at uni? I could have came home with you" I just nod. As if he would have came.

"Where is hyung? I didn't see him coming home in the afternoon." 

"He is out for 2 days" 

"Oh... Won't you go to your friend's house then? Should I drop you?" Friends. My friends have already left. Then where do I go? 

"Um... Will you not go?" He asked again. Tears start forming in my eyes and vision started getting blurry. I just kept looking down. I didn't want him to know that I cry.

"Oh wait! Give me your friend's number. I'll call them. You shouldn't roam around being sick-"

" I don't have friends" I spat. He just looked at me confused. 

"What about Minji?" He knew that Jennie left but as Minji left in a hurry...

"She left to Busan this morning" My reply was dry. 

"I see... Then! I should accompany you! I'm your rival but still a neighbour right!?" He said. My eyes shot up to meet his. 

"Hey! Why are you crying? Did I say something? I'm sorry if I-" 

"No, not you. I guess it's just the fever acting up. My eyes are burning. I think I should sleep for now." He looked at me for a while and then nodded. 

"Yeah sure. I'll leave but if you have any problem just call me. And remember even if I fight with you and annoy you, we will still be friends okay?" He extended his hand for a handshake. I smile weakly and shake the hand. 

After he left, I laid on my bed. My thoughts started to flood my mind. 

Friends? Did he just say we are friends? 

Why did he suddenly become soft?

I slowly closed my eyes and drifted of to sleep. 

...

I started shivering. My whole body was shivering and getting sweaty. My head was also hurting a lot. I start to groan in pain. Tears start streaming out of my eyes. They were burning hot. My whole vision got blurry. I tried getting up and going to the washroom but my legs were unable to move. 

"Hey! Wait! Let me help you!" I heard Jungkook. Did he not leave yet? Why is he creating a nuisance for himself? He came near me and touched my forehead with his palm. 

"Oh god! It is flaming! Don't move. Take rest." He said and brought a wet towel. He kept that on my forehead. He also gave my the tablet. I had it and soon drifted off to sleep. 

... 

I wake up as I felt someone's presence near me. I saw Jungkook sitting on the edge of my bed and scrolling on his phone. His face was brightened by the brightness of the phone. It was flawless. His eyes were round and pretty. He somewhat looked cute. 

"Aren't you tired? You should sleep. Go home." I said as he looked up to me. 

"You're awake! Don't worry, I like staying up late. You know I'm preparing myself for future purposes" He smirked. I laughed. He is so chill where as I would have already been annoyed while taking care of someone for so long.