Back To The Yard

129 AC. Kings Landing

Today was the first time Aemond and Ahsoka had spent the day away from each other since they were married a fortnite ago. Aemond made his way to the training yard where he was met with stares. Prince Aemond had been working with a sword every day since the night on Driftmark all those years ago. And this was the first time in all of those years he put his sword aside. Ser Criston was sparing with the young Prince Jaehaerys when he eyes Aemond walking towards the field. "Lord Velaryon!" He halls out making all eyes fall to Aemond. Aemond had received some backlash and dirty looks since his wedding. The first man in history that took his wifes last name instead of the other way around.

Criston: I didn't think your new wife would allow you to leave her side.
Aemond: There's nothing in this world like a beautiful wife warming your bed. Not that you would know...
Criston: *clears throat* Care for a sparing session?
Aemond: Very well.
Jaehaerys: What shall I do?
Criston: Stand to the side, my young prince. This won't take long.
Aemond: Hm.

The crowd gathers a bit closer to watch what's about to happen. Ser Cole was trying to make a fool out of Aemond for taking the Velaryon name. But Aemond wouldn't let him do that. Ahsokas words rang in his head from earlier.

Their conversation from the morning

Ahsoka: Can you tie my laces, Elaena?
Elaena: Of course.
Aemond: No need, Elaena. I shall take care of it. You are dismissed.
Elaena: My Prince. Ahsoka. I shall be back soon for our journey.

Aemond steps forward. Now lacing his wifes dress up.

Aemond: Where are you going?
Ahsoka: Into the city. There's someone I must speak with.
Aemond: In the city?
Ahsoka: She will help me start my own funds for the people. Your grandfather has taken their funding so he could build these hideous faith symbols and statues.
Aemond: Why are you going with your handmaiden?
Ahsoka: Elaena. She knows the woman well. She will introduce me.
Aemond: Hm.
Ahsoka: Are you prepared for the training yard?
Aemond: Yes. I am going to destroy everyone who crosses their steel with mine. *kisses neck*

Ahsoka turns around, bringing her arms around Aemonds neck.

Ahsoka: Dont go in a brute. Go in calm.
Aemond: My love, I think I know what I am doing.
Ahsoka: It's been over a fortnite since you picked up your blade. I, as well. It's likely Cole will be there. And based on what I hear, he's been looking for you in the yard.
Aemond: I shall happily meet his challenge. Especially after what he was doing during our bedding ceremony.
Ahsoka: You need to be smart about this. You are skilled but he is more experienced. Don't go in boasting. Don't go in picking fights. Use what I have shown you, and don't lose your temper. It will blind you.

Aemond and Ser Criston circle each other. Aemond with his long sword and a shield. Cole with his Morningstar. They go back and forth strike after strike. Aemond has been taking a few of Ahsokas moves. Kicking off the wall, barrel rolling, as well as holding his sword in non-traditional positions. Such as holding it in a non-standard reverse grip. Making his blade point downwards instead of up. Criston scoffs at his moves, knowing where they come from. He thinks that Ahsoka has had too much effect on the prince. First, he goes against his grandsire, threatening his life if he interfered with his plans to marry her. Then, she somehow convinced him to take her name. And now he's fighting like her?