39.Enmity

I'm astonished..

I'm completely speechless..

Adonis did all this?

As we reached the foot of the stairs..I stared at him..still speechless..

"Are you that stunned?" He asked amused..

"If you must know..yes..the ball..the ring?..how did you even get the ring?" I asked..

He grinned..

"It was with me..all along"he said

Of course..it was..

"Why?..why did you throw this ball for me?"

"You deserve more" he stated looking away..

"And I can no longer bare the thought of you being a nobody in the Mafia world..My world" he said again..staring intently at me..this time..

I smiled..

Smiled?..I was blushing!

Everyone's attention was still on me..everyone with different looks on their faces..

I must say.. I'm steering up a lot of emotions from these dangerous people..

The men stared at me with pure interest and curiosity..Well some of the men..stared at me with..Desire..

Oh god!

I couldn't blame them tho..I mean..look at me!

The women stared at me..with disgust..jealousy.. envy..and I must say..some with pure curiosity

It is evident that..most of them already hates me..

Why?

I'm Adonis's wife..Mrs Machavelli!

I sighed with contentment..

I'm standing beside Adonis in all my glory..Adonis's hand around my waist..made me extra confident..

I felt power and authority..

"Enjoy Selena..this is who you are meant to be" he whispered lowly in my ear..

Damnn!

I have been missing out..

Everyone finally went on with their business..but some still remained fixated on me..whispering and gossiping..

A tall hefty man approached us..with two flashy dressed ladies..who looked like twins..they hung on each side of the man..

"Hahaha..Machavelli!"He exclaimed once he was in front of us..blowing out his pipe..

"Grothman..that's rude..I don't think my wife fancy the smoke of your pipe"he said so firmly..

"Heh?...h" he stammered..clearing his throat

A waiter came over with a tray of champagne..I took a glass..likewise Adonis

Grothman dropped his pipe in the tray..

"Why don't you throw that out for me..would ya?" He said with a wink... his voice strong..sounding somewhat Norwegian

He cleared his throat once more then bowed slightly facing me

"I must Apologise my lady..if I have offended you" he said slowly

"Oh no..it's alright" I said.. as he held my hand and place a kiss on it..

"Very well" he smiled gruffly..staring at me..with a new found interest..

Adonis held me tighter..

The tension made the Norwegian man..step back..sensing Adonis disapproval..