Chapter 16: Lub Dub

The set buzzed with anticipation as the cast prepared themselves for another day of filming their drama, "Doona!". Director Lee Jung-hyo gathered the cast and crew for a quick briefing, his authoritative voice cutting through the bustling energy of the set.

"Today's scene is a pivotal moment in our drama," Director Lee announced, his tone grave yet excited, glancing at both Sei and Suzy. "This will also test how well you can really adapt, Sei-ssi. We'll be shooting the long-awaited kissing scene between our main leads, Suzy and Sei."

Sei's heart skipped a beat at the announcement. He had already known there'd be a couple of kissing scenes in the drama, but he wasn't expecting it to be filmed this early on. Taking a glance at Suzy, she instead winked at him.

"Hope you're ready~" She teased. "Noona can give you some pointers if you're nervous~"

Sei could only look down, his face turning bright red. Shaking the nerves off his body, he breathed in calmly.

*Relax, it's just acting.*

As they began rehearsing the scene, Sei couldn't shake off some of the jitters tingling through his body. The thought of kissing Suzy on-screen filled him with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. Despite his lack of prior experience, he was determined to try his best.

"Do you want to run through the scene, Sei?" Suzy asked, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Sei nodded, trying to muster up some confidence. "Sure, let's give it a shot."

As they rehearsed their lines, Sei found himself getting lost in Suzy's gaze. The chemistry between them was undeniable, even in the simple act of rehearsing. When it came to the moment just before the kiss, Sei felt his heart racing in his chest.

"Ready?" Suzy whispered, her breath warm against his lips.

Sei nodded, his pulse pounding in his ears.

Slowly, Suzy inched her face closer and closer. The both of them staring deeply into each other's eyes, longing and passion evident in them. Placing an arm on Sei's shoulder, she drew in closer and closer, their lips nearly touching.

In that moment, time seemed to stand still as Sei leaned in, his lips meeting Suzy's in a soft, tentative kiss. It was a brief moment, but it sent a shiver down Sei's spine.

"Cut!" Director Lee's voice broke the spell, and Sei and Suzy pulled away from each other, their cheeks flushed.

"Wow, that was... something," Suzy said, her voice breathless.

"Yeah, you did great, Sei," Director Lee added, a smile tugging at his lips. "Let's keep that energy for the actual take."

With each run-through, Sei and Suzy grew more comfortable with the choreography of the scene. They practiced their lines and blocking meticulously, fine-tuning their movements to ensure that they don't make mistakes during filming.

Finally, the moment had arrived. With cameras rolling and the entire crew on standby, Sei and Suzy stepped into position for their scene. The air crackled with tension as they locked eyes, their hearts pounding in unison.

Sei brought out a box of ice from the refrigerator, placing it on the counter, Suzy staring deeply at his face.

"I hear you went on a blind date," she began, her eyes locked onto him.

Sei briefly looked up, meeting her gaze as he packed the ice into a small ziplock bag. "Yes."

Leaning on the counter, Suzy inhaled deeply. "What do you do on those things?"

Sei took a moment to ponder, an audible "Mmm" escaping him. "The usual things, drink. Pair up. Play some childish games."

Suzy looked away from him, her gaze fixed on the doorframe. "You smell of alcohol."