Chapter 20 - It was not an easy Day

5k?! OMG! Thank you soo much.
Like it's surreal!
I'm so grateful for this.
K, so without further delays let's start with Jenna's and Zayn's story.
Enjoy!
**
_____________________________

Jenna's Pov

First day in a new office is always difficult! So many new things, new ways, presentations, colleagues everything. But Lia made sure to make me understand everything. She is a very charming and sweet girl.

When I entered my office for the first time, which is just beside Zayn's office FYI , I was amazed. Fresh white roses on the vase and a coffee machine on a side table. Everything was...... Well, organised and...... Perfect.

Although Lia already told me that I have to spend most of the time in Zayn's office but Zayn asked her to make sure everything was in right place. And he mentioned to pick white roses, particularly!

If I am being honest, I am amazed! But do i actually deserve this? What will be his reaction when he will get to know about my past? About my nightmares?!

Cruel thoughts started getting inside my head. But for a while I pushed them out of my head. Today is very important. I am there where I have always wanted to be! At The Grey Publication House. It was my dream to work here!

Without any further delays I started doing my works. Like checking the emails and giving them replys. Well the easier it sounds it was actually super hard because literally my whole computer screen was filled with unread emails. Then talking with the authors phones. Fixing meeting times and checking presentations! Everything!

It was a way lot of works that I did before for my previous company. Well, it will be worth it. Because at the end of the day, I will be seeing Zayn everyday!

Now my only concern is ......... Well, Zayn is workaholic. I heard Lia talking about how she had to do work even in her off days too . And I am worried about that. Then my phone started ringing. It was Zayn!

"Yes?" I picked up my phone.

"Come to my office now. " He said.

"On my way." Then I cut the call.
I took my notebooks and pen with me. I knocked on his door. And the answer came right away.

"Come in!" When I entered his room I saw him spinning slowly on his chair.
Take a seat!" I took it.

"Uhh.... Zayn I wanted to tell you something." He looked at me concerned. "I want to make our personal and professional life different. Like in office I am your assistant only not your..... Uhh you know" I tried to find the perfect word but couldn't find any. Because what I am actually doing with him? I don't know!

Let's just not go there right now!

"Ohh yes! Absolutely. I completely agree with you. It's fine by me!"

"Okay, so why you wanted to see me?" I asked.

"You have to change my meeting schedule a little bit. I have a meeting with Mr. Riley. He is our most important and difficult client. So whatever meetings are there in the Evening just cancel it and give them a different date." Now he sounded like a boss. An actual Boss!

"Ohh! Uhh.. okay! I will rescheduled your meetings with Mr. Yakura and Mrs. Walter. And I will let you know. Anything else you want me to do for you?" I asked him before picking myself up from the chair.

"No.. That's all. And I have send you the final presentation. Just go through it!"

"Wha.... What presentation?" I don't know about any presentation. Lia didn't told about any presentation today.

"What? You will be there with me in the meeting. You have to know about the presentation! Be ready at 5. Sharp! Don't delay. It's important!" I just gave him a nod and left his office.

It will be not that much, right?

That's what I thought! Turned out, it was a sixty pages pdf. Who was he kidding? And he just threatened me indirectly about not messing this up. Okay! Now I know......

It's gonna be a not an easy job to be Zayn's assistant......

**
______________________________

I hope you liked this chapter.
Do you guys enjoy short chapters or long chapters?
Just lemme know.
Also don't forget to vote and follow me.
I love you always.

Xoxo 💋 - S