Chapter 23 - Everything happens for a reason

Hey lovelies!
Doing good? Yes?
You guys showed soo much love in this story.
Thank you soo much for that!
Ohh! And I just started reading king of Sloth! It's amazing.
Okay! Without further delay let's start!
And Stay Hydrated.... Okay?!
**
___________________________________

Jenna's Pov

I am late I am late I am lateeee! Fuck it! Why did I just hit the snooze button? Fuckkk!

Yesterday we girls went to the bar to share our weekly updates. After the incident with Zayn i promised them that there would be no secrets between us. Not at all. Girls Code! Which cannot be broken!

And also a guy asked Clare to go on a date with him. So a little stalking was needed.

But today I just over slept. And I am lateee

I rushed out of the shower and put something on. And I mean something! I don't know what but it is presentable. Maybe

I already texted Zayn that I will be little late today. But it's definitely not gonna be little.

I didn't even had my breakfast also. I will pick something from the cafeteria later. And then I bit my first red light. Then second. Then thirddd! Good God! Why!? Why is this happening to me!

"It's fine! Everything happens for a reason. Everything happens for a reason! " I repeated the phase in my head. "Okay! You are kidding me! Again!" I have to see the author today. I can't be latee! I placed my hand on the steering wheel without noticing and the horn blowed. And I stumbled on the sound. Clumsy af as usual!

A few moments later at office .

I rushed inside Zayn's cabin. I knocked on his door. I didn't even let him reply and i opened the door.
"I'm sorry I'm sorry. I know I am late. I ......" And I paused seeing the faces who were looking at me over their shoulders.

Is that Mr. Hidalgo and...... and Sam!?
My ex boss and my ex boyfriend with my current boss and boyfriend. Great!

"Jenna? How are you?" Mr. Hidalgo stood up and came towards me. Sam came behind him.

"Mr. Hidalgo." I gave him a tight smile. "I'm fine. What are you doing here?"

"Oh I was just leaving. We had some works to discuss about." Mr. Hidalgo answered.

"And you?" I threw my question to Sam.

"Oh. He is with me. He is my partner."
Partner?? "Okay, Zayn we should leave now. We have the deal, right?"

"Yes, Mr. Hidalgo. We have the deal." Zayn shaked his hand with both of them.

And I looked over my shoulder to see if they left the room or not and then I shoot a look to Zayn.

"Care to explain? " I folded my arms over my chest.

"We are gonna work together for a while. Well, we are partners. For now." He added the last part quickly.

"What do you mean by partners?"

"Well..... We made a deal. About which I can't talk with you. It's for this company." Zayn put his hand over my shoulder inorder to give reassurance.

"You chose to make a deal with them. That two persons whom I hate the most? Out of seven billion people you chose them. After knowing all that. I have to work with them.!"

How can he? Like how can he? He knew everything! About me.. About my past. About Sam!

"Baby it's just for the company. I swear."

"Look at me and tell me that you didn't have other choice. Tell me that you couldn't do anything else. " I dared him. But something is telling me I already know the answer.

God, he can't even look at my eyes.

"I got the answer." I turned away from him.

"I didn't wanted you to see them. I told you it was okay if you are late! I would have talked to you about this later. I didn't wanted you find about this like this." He pulled my arms to stop me.

"Elena is waiting for us in the meeting room." I snatched my arms away from him. "I should move." And I walked away from him.

This was the reason. I was late for a reason. I just wish I was more late so I wouldn't had to see that. I didn't had to question Zayn about his honesty.

It's just that Everything has a reason. Everything happens for a reason.

**
__________________________________
Let me know if you guys liked my story uptill now.
Don't forget to vote and follow and comment.
Thank you for showing soo much love.

I love you always

Xoxo 💋 - S