13 - Boyfriendless

Macau's POV

The sun will rise in a couple of hours.

"Aren't you going to sleep, Macau...?!" the gentle touch of his hand in my hair while I feel the heat of his body hugging mine makes my throat tighten.

I close my eyes and dive my face into his chest.

"If I sleep, you'll leave me alone."

Arm is silent for a few moments.

"After everything I told you, why do you want me here with you then...?!"

I lift my head and look into his eyes.

"Why did you come to me first?"

"..."Arm falls silent again and looks away from my gaze.

"You came here because someone sent you here?!"

"No!! Nobody told me to be here with you!"

"So...why?!"

"I came because..."

"Is it so hard?!"

"...?!..."

"Is it so hard to admit you like me?!Is it so hard to admit you've fallen in love with me and can't let me go?!"

"..."

"Is it?"

"It's not..." I felt the warmest kiss on my lips. "I'm sorry for letting you down, kid." His tight embrace was also warming. "I thought I could protect you...It never crossed my mind you could ask for Mr. Wang's...not even your brother's, I guess."

"I knew it. I knew you're following his orders."

"Not only you, but I had to make Pete believe I was doing it only because I had to protect you. He doesn't know I work for your brother as well." Arm reaches his suit. "I don't know how he got this... he gave it to me."

"A black chess piece.?!"

"According to him, I'm your Black Knight."

"Hmm...I'm pretty sure a black queen can fornicate with a black knight..."

Arm holds my face and looks at me so deeply... "You fooled me kid. I was so sure I had broken your heart...but here you are teasing me with your naughty smile..." He kisses my lips..." Now I feel I can breathe..."

"It was not great to hear those things from you, but...hey! how could you not love me?! I'm awesome!"

"Haha...yeah...you are."

"Where's my brother? Is he okay?!"

"Mhm. He's fine. If you find Pete, you find Khun Vegas. He's around him 24/7. Being next to Pete I also can keep an eye on Khun Vegas, Macau. I promised you I would take care of him, haven't I?! I promised Khun Vegas I would take care of Pete. I've been trying hard to fulfill both promises to Minor Family brothers."

"Thank you...thank you so much" This is my time to hug him tight. I feel so grateful for having Arm in our lives.

"I should thank you, kid...for still liking me. There hasn't been a single moment I haven't thought about you. I checked Minor Family security cameras and spoke to Nop every day about your itinerary and state of mind. You seemed so calm that I thought you had forgotten me easily, Macau. Why someone like you would miss me?! I've tried to accept the possibility of you not loving me anymore...but I could not refrain myself from seeing you...even from afar...even from six monitors in front of me...even if I had to see you with somebody else."

"Somebody else?! You mean, Chay?!"

"You're almost the same age and..."

"No no no no...he's my friend! You know he's solely a friend! Not so much of a friend...he called me boyfriendless, that heartless friend!! "