14 - Hong Kong

Pete's POV

When Wang decided that Macau and Porchay would stay in his main house, I immediately asked Arm to disable all cameras and wires that might be in their rooms.

And in good old way, I jumped onto his bedroom balcony. Even hiding behind the glass door. I wanted to see his face clearly...and know if he was really fine.

Soon after, I observed Arm entering his bedroom. Obviously, I read the situation and fled the place, waiting for Arm to return to his room, with my decision made.

When I left the Minor Family a while ago, I knew my place would be well taken by Arm. He would bring Macau that feeling of love, stability, and security he needed. With Vegas and Arm around, I wouldn't have to worry about him.

However, in our last conversation, Vegas said nonsense to me. Every time I try to reflect on things he said, my head literally hurts. All I can remember is how much I hate him. But I don't hate Macau. I try not to care about him, but I do. That's why this is so hard for me.

When Vegas soon after left Thailand and came after me, as I suspected, I was reassured that Arm would take care of Macau. When Arm decided to join us to free himself from the ties he had with Khun Korn, I worried about what would happen to the boy alone in Bangkok.

But brothers are the same. They don't stand still. They are both here in Taiwan. The difference is that Macau genuinely likes Arm.

Vegas...I don't know what his game is this time. Why he's after me.

Either way, I have to sacrifice a piece.

And as much as I have genuine affection for him, Macau will be this piece.

I need Arm to execute my next move.

Besides, if he stays. Vegas will also stay.

...

"Why so suddenly, Pete?!"

"We have to go to Hong Kong. That city is the main hub now. I need to be present."

"But...I..." Arm turns his gaze to the door.

"That's not a place for him. You know that don't you?! He's safer here."

"Nobody holds Macau where he cannot stay."

"Wang will."

"I won't leave Macau with him."

"Nop will be here. Grandma and Grandpa."

"I said I won't."

Arm's POV

"Who said it is up to you to decide?!"

"Would you dare...?!"

"If you're gone, wouldn't it be worse for him?!"

"Are you threatening, Pete?! After all those years..."

"It's final. You got the offer. You need to follow me."

"You're not you anymore."

"I'll have it in mind."

Pete's coldness astonished me.

Rather, disappointed me.

He left my room giving me no chance to continue arguing back.

It would be useless anyway.

I placed the black and white key on the desk in front of me.

I have no doubts in whom I should place not my loyalty, but my faith.