17 - The Observation Wheel

Lian's POV

Vrrr...Vrrr...Vrrr

"H-hello..."

["Won't you come?!"]

"Pete?!...uh...what time is it?!"

["Almost noon."]

Did I sleep that much?! I look around. There's no sign of Tankhun. Is he in the bathroom maybe?!

I slept so soundly that I didn't even hear the alarm clock go off. Not a single bad dream.

"Give me sometime...I need to find Tankhun"

["Tankhun?! You mean, Khun Noo?! Have you slept with him?!"]

"Yes...I mean, No! He was just around...I call you back. You can start the meeting without me."

I get up from the bed and go to the bathroom.

["Are you sure?!"]

"Why not?! You're doing fine. Just don't mess with any big shot in the city."

["About that..."]

Tankhun is not here. Where did that idiot get himself?! Did he really wake up and leave?

"I have some urgent matter first. I'll see you at the club. Goodbye."

["...?!..."]

I call my assistant.

...

"You've been distracted all day...looking at your phone."

"Uh?!"

"What's happening?!"

"That former boss of yours is driving me crazy. He drugged and dragged me to a hotel room last night...then vanished with Macau and Porchay the whole day."

"Shouldn't you be happy he's not upsetting you?!"

"Of course I am! But he took Macau with him."

"Macau and Porchay came to the club last night. They came after Kim, I guess. Kim was here with your ex-boyfriend Jade."

"Such an understatement to call him my ex-boyfriend."

"You're a jerk. That kid likes you."

"So he shouldn't be fucking around with his ex-boyfriend."

"I don't think Kim would...well...whatever. It doesn't concern me."

"I heard you and your bishop fucked things up last night because of Macau."

"Are you mad?"

"I don't get mad about trivial things. Besides, how could that old pig dares to touch a young master...before me..."

"Don't mess with Macau like some pervert."

As I suspected, Pete still has attachment to that kid. Lee didn't take that emotion from him.

"You call me a pervert just like Tankhun does."  I lit a cigarette. "I'm just kidding, anyway. He's a good kid, though. And I'm looking for a queen."

"That queen is taken."

"Is that so?! Hmm...I wonder if that bishop of yours is really white."

"What do you mean?!"

"A chess piece that protects the black queen is usually black...not white."

"I allowed Arm to protect Macau. I trust Arm. He serves me."

I can't believe Pete is so naive around his friend he can't see Arm is still a double agent...but not working for Khun Korn this time.