17

My head is pounding like a jackhammer and my mouth feels like I've been chewing on cotton balls all night.

I feel like absolute shit.

Blindly, I fumble for the bottle of Advil on my nightstand, shaking out a few pills and tossing them back with some water. I flop back onto the pillow, throwing an arm over my face to block out the too-bright sunlight streaming through the curtains.

I roll over and search for my phone, squinting at the screen through blurry eyes.

And that's when I see it, the date blinking up at me like a neon sign in the Nevada desert.

Holy shit, it's Damien's birthday. His 27th, to be exact. How the fuck could I have forgotten?

Excitement shoots through me, chasing away some of my hungover misery.

I slip out of bed, ignoring the way my head swims at the sudden movement. I've got a whole day to make perfect for the man who's my reason for breathing.

That's the thing about loving Damien Caine - you don't do it halfway.

I tiptoe to the dresser, retrieving the small velvet box I've been hiding for weeks. I can't wait to see his face when he opens it.

Climbing back into bed, I start pressing light kisses along his jawline, his throat, and his chest. Damien stirs beneath me, a sleepy groan rumbling up from his chest as his hands come up to grip my hips.

"Mmm, now this is how I like to wake up," he rasps, his voice husky with sleep.

I smile against his skin, my kisses growing more insistent. "Happy birthday, baby," I murmur, my hand sliding down his body to wrap around his already hardening length.

Damien groans in pleasure, his hips bucking up into my touch. "Fuck, Cat."

I giggle, nipping at his earlobe as I stroke him slowly. " I want to give you your first gift of the day."

And with that, I slide down his body, taking him into my mouth with a moan.

Damien's fingers tangle in my hair, his groans filling the room as I work him with lips and tongue.

It doesn't take long before he's spilling down my throat with a hoarse shout of my name, his whole-body shuddering.

I swallow every last bit.

When I finally crawl back up to him, Damien pulls me into a searing kiss, his hands roaming all over my bare skin. "God damn, Cat," he growls against my lips. "You're gonna be the death of me."

I just smirk, reaching over to the nightstand to grab the velvet box. "I sure hope not. You haven't even opened your real present yet."

Damien's eyes widen as I place the box in his hands, "Cat...you didn't have to get me anything."

I roll my eyes fondly, nudging him with my elbow. "It's nothing crazy, just open it."

Holy shit, Cat," he breathes, his gaze snapping up to meet mine. "This is the watch I've been wanting for months! The Rolex Daytona?!"

I nod, "The very same!"

I take the watch from him, fastening it around his wrist. He pulls me into his arms, burying his face in my hair as he holds me tight. "I love you baby, thank you." he whispers.

I cling to him, my own eyes stinging with tears of joy. "I love you too, birthday boy."

"I have a surprise for you too," he says, sliding out of bed and walking over to the closet.