22

I'm sitting on the couch, my legs bouncing nervously. Just as I'm considering going back down there, the door swings open and Damien appears.

But at the sight of his hands; covered in drying blood, his knuckles raw and split, I'm on my feet in an instant, holding his hands in mine, assessing the damage.

Damien just gives me a cocky half-smile. "I'm fine, baby. You should see the other guy."  He heads to the kitchen and I follow, watching as he scrubs the blood from his hands.

I can't hold back my curiosity any longer. "So...did he talk?"

Damien dries his hands and turns to face me . "He gave up some information, yeah. We didn't exactly have to try very hard."

"What did you get out of him?" I ask.

"Enough," Damien says shortly. "We know the name and location of Ramirez's third-in-command. Some prick named Andras." 

I nod slowly. "That's good, right?"

"It's a start. But we all know that douchebag was holding back." He crosses the room and pulls me into his arms, his thumb tilting my chin up so I'm looking into his eyes. "Which is why I'm gonna need your help on this one, Cat."

I don't even hesitate before nodding. "Anything."

That smile I love spreads across his face as he leans down to whisper in my ear. "Good. 'Cause you're gonna do what you do best - let them think with their dicks instead of their heads."

I smile wickedly at that, already thinking about the perfect skimpy outfits to wear.

Damien pulls me close, his lips claiming mine . "Now go get your shit together. We're moving to Rome's place outside the city."

︻デ═一

We pull up the long, winding driveway and the massive mansion comes into view. Rome's place is like a castle nestled up in the mountains, secluded and private. I take in the thick stone walls, the heavy iron gates, the discreet security cameras positioned around the perimeter. This whole place just screams "don't fuck with me".

As we head inside, Rome himself appears, wearing what looks like four different diamond chains around his neck. "Hey bro," he rumbles in a deep gravelly voice, shaking Damien's hand. "Good to have you here." His eyes cut to me. "Ma'am."

Despite his rough exterior, Rome is nothing but polite and respectful when I'm around.

"We all set up and ready to go?" Damien asks, getting right down to business as usual.

Rome nods. "You got it. The intel from our little friend checked out - Andras has been running operations out of a compound down in Tucson."

My eyebrows shoot up at that. We're going to a whole other state for this?

Damien must read the question on my face."Ramirez' have a staging ground down there, just across the border. An industrial grow op providing product to push out West."

I whistle low. "So if we can take out Andras..."

"It'll put a nice little dent in Ramirez's operations," Damien finishes with a savage grin.

"So when do we make our move?" I ask, hardly keeping the eagerness out of my voice.

Damien's voice takes on that no-nonsense edge it gets when things are about to go down. "We got solid information that Andras is gonna be at this poker party in Phoenix tonight."

"I need you to get up close and personal with him," he rumbles, turning to me. "Be the sexy little thing he can't resist. Let him get sloppy and cocky thinking he's got you right where he wants you."