20

They did this. The fucks who held me captive. They stripped me of my humanity, my dignity, my child. And now they have the nerve to try to kill Damien too? Haven't they taken enough?

They can do whatever they want to me. But when you fuck with Damien? You've crossed the line.

And I won't rest until I get to kill every fucking one of them.

"They want a war? They got one." I whisper, my voice low and deadly.

For a moment, Damien just stares at me, his eyes searching mine like he's trying to read my soul. And then, slowly, a smile spreads across his face.

"That's my girl," he says, his thumb stroking over my cheekbone. He leans in and kisses me, his hands moving to my neck. His teeth sink into my lower lip, hard enough to draw blood.

When we finally break apart, both of us breathing hard, Damien's expression turns serious. "Pack your stuff, we need to lay low for a while."

I nod in agreement. I get up and walk out of the closet, wincing as I put weight on my feet. I completely forgot that my feet are all fucked up. I can feel every sting and throb, every shard of glass still stuck in my skin.

Damien notices, his eyes narrowing with concern. "Shit, baby, your feet," he moves to my side in an instant. "I didn't realize you were hurt that bad."

He picks me up and carries me towards the bathroom. He sets me down gently on the edge of the bathtub, and I wash the dried blood and dirt off of my feet. Then Damien kneels in front of me to examine the damage.

I watch as he carefully picks out the larger shards of glass, and cleans the wounds with rubbing alcohol, which burns like hell.

His hands move with a sure, steady confidence, like he's done this a thousand times before. I mean, it does make sense - with the kind of life he lives, he's probably had to deal with his fair share of scrapes and bruises.

"Thank you," I whisper, reaching out to brush my fingers along his jaw.

Damien turns his head to kiss my hand, "Always, baby. Stay here, I'll go pack your stuff for you."

Damien returns a short while later, a duffle bag slung over his shoulder. He helps me to my feet, steadying me with a hand on my elbow.

"Where are we going?" I ask, looking up at him.

Damien hesitates, "We're going to stay with my old man for a few weeks. Just until the heat dies down and we figure out our next move.

I can't help the groan that escapes me at the thought of spending weeks cooped up with Damien's father.

"Seriously? We have to hunker down with Luis?" I grumble, my nose wrinkling in disgust. "Can't we just live in a cave and survive off of rats and rainwater, instead?"

Damien chuckles, "Believe me, babe, there's nothing I'd love more than to never see that bastard's face again. But, as much as I hate to admit it, there's no one better at staying off the radar than him."

I sigh, knowing he's right. As much as the thought of being in close quarters with Damien's father makes me want to puke, I know we don't have much choice.

My shoulders slump in defeat,"I swear to God, Damien, if he so much as looks at my tits for a second too long, I'm gonna fuck him up."

"Sure, babe." Damien chuckles, as he walks me out to the car.

︻デ═一

We're driving through the middle of nowhere, and all I can see is desert and mountains for miles. It's like we've left civilization behind and entered some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland. The mountains though, they remind me of home back in Utah. It feels like a lifetime ago now.