Always With You- Percy Jackson

Another request from @JulzLoveDraco4Eva  TYSM!!! Hope you like 

Typically, at Camp Halfblood, only 3 people were to embark on a quest. The leader was to pick two companions, and only two. 

However, when Percy Jackson was chosen to lead a quest to capture to traitorous Luke Castellan, he knew he would want more than two people accompanying him. Choosing Grover and Annabeth was obvious, they had gone with him on the last quest and had never let him down. But he realized a third person wanted to join, someone Percy wasn't entirely sure he wanted on the quest. 

"Percy! I promised to always stay with you, to help you! I'll be fine, just let me come", Y/N argued. 

Percy sighed, "Luke is very dangerous Y/N, this quest is very dangerous, I'm just trying to protect you!". 

The daughter of Apollo stood up from the bed to stand face to face with Percy, "We can protect each other. I'm more than capable of doing this Percy, please". 

He wanted to protest, to refuse to let her come. Let her put her life in danger all for the cause of staying with him, but one look into her eyes told him not to. How could he ever possibly say no to her? 

"Alright fine, get your stuff I'll tell Chiron". 

Y/N's eyes lit up and she flung her arms around Percy's neck. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's gonna be fine, we got this", she shrieked, running out of his cabin to go get herself ready. 

********************************

Y/N reached Halfblood Hill with Grover and Annabeth before Percy had. 

"I didn't know you were coming too", Annabeth said looking at her friend.

"I wanted to help", Y/n answered with a shrug. 

A slight smirk spread across Annabeth's face, "Or you wanted to be with Percy". 

Grover chuckled as Y/N reached over to slap Annabeth's arm. 

"Shut up", she mumbled, "I told you it wasn't like that". 

"Does Percy know that?", Grover asked jokingly. 

As if one cue, Percy came rushing up the hill, a backpack slung on one shoulder and a confident look in his eyes. 

Y/N on the other hand, wasn't half as confident as he was, seeing Percy all ready for this quest made her stomach churn uncomfortably. She tried to think about anything else, but no matter how hard she tried her mind went back to Percy. What if he got hurt? What if they got separated? What if.. what if she lost him?

Percy came over to Y/N and glanced at her questioningly but decided not to say anything. Instead he turned to his friends and asked, "Ready?".

Everyone nodded, so the group descended the hill. 

The trip was going fairly well for the most part, the group had been traveling for several hours now, and had miraculously not encountered any monsters. (They did encounter a very mean taxi driver, but that is besides the point). 

Percy, however, had noticed a shift in Y/N's behavior. She had been so happy when he agreed to let her come on the quest, however now she looked anxious and sad. 

The group went into a small diner, to have lunch before they continued their search for Luke. 

"Go ahead guys", Percy told Grover and Annabeth, "I just have to talk to Y/N real quick". 

The two shrugged and left Y/N and Percy outside. Y/N looked down at the ground, unable to bring herself to meet his eye. 

"What's up with you?", he asked briskly, before realizing how it sounded and softening his tone, "Are you okay? I mean you wanted to come so bad and now you're just..".