Dumped-Clarisse La Rue

*Not a request, but I did just get ghosted and basically dumped by my prom date ;), well there's always next year* 

When Y/N had started at Camp Halfblood, she swore she wouldn't date, ever. Once she learned that her life was at risk 24/7 she figured there was no point. That was until she fell in love. With someone she couldn't have, so she broke her own rule. She began dating someone, but not THE one. 

There she sat, at the campfire, with her boyfriend Jacob, a Hephaestus kid. He had his arm around her shoulder but he was engaged in deep conversation with some Apollo girl on his other side. Y/N had tried on numerous occasions to talk with them as well, or simply stand up. She had not succeeded in either. 

Luckily for her, someone was making their way over to her, a drink in hand. 

"Hey", Clarisse La Rue said, as she sat beside Y/N, handing her the drink. Y/N's smiled gratefully, "Ugh you're the best. How are you doing?".

The two girls became immersed in casual conversation, talking about anything from their day, to training, to Y/n telling clarisse all the gossip she had heard that day. Y/N was so invested in talking to Clarisse she barely noticed that the Apollo girl had left, or when her boyfriend lifted his arm off her. 

"Hey Y/N, I'm gonna grab something from my cabin, I'll be right back", he sighed. 

"Okay, I'll see you later then!", she answered brightly. 

When she turned back to Clarisse, the girl had a scowl on her tan face. 

"What?", she asked Clarisse. 

"Nothing". 

"Clarisse", Y/N sighed, "I know that look, what is it?". 

Clarisse's glare softened as she looked at the girl before her, "He didn't talk to you once while you guys were here Y/N. He's spent the whole night talking to that Apollo girl". 

Y/N shook her head, "No, no don't worry. He was talking to me before you came". 

"I was watching you, no he wasn't", Clarisse took in Y/N's nervous expression and sighed, "I just don't want him to hurt you". 

Y/N felt her heartbeat quicken at Clarisse's words. The ares girl was looking at her with such warm sincerity Y/N thought she might melt right then and there. She shifted to lay her head on Clarisse's shoulder, who stiffened up at first before wrapping an arm around Y/N' shoulders. 

"I'll be fine Clari", she whispered. But Clarisse wasn't so sure about that. 

*****************************

The next morning, Silena came bounding into the Athena cabin to talk to  Y/N. 

"You and Jacob broke up?", she panted, out of breath. 

Y/N looked up from her book confused, "No? Where did you hear that?". 

Silena tilted her head, "Wait what? You're still together?". 

Y/N nodded and Silena shot her a worried glance. 

"Silena, what happened?", Y/N pressed. 

"He's been walking around camp holding hands with Jenny, from Apollo Cabin. Apparently they hooked up last night. Oh y/N, I'm so sorry I thought you knew". 

Y/N didn't say anything for several minutes. She felt like she was going to be sick. Granted she didn't like Jacob that much anyways, it still stung. She had been cheated on, and now slightly humiliated. 

Without another word to Silena, she bounded up from her bed and out into camp. It didn't take her long to find her stupid boyfriend, holding hands with the girl from the previous night.