Avoiding- Jason Grace

*Request from @JaeIsConfused hope you love!* 

When Y/n came to camp, he was sure he had gone crazy. That this was a dream and soon he'd wake up and be back home, everything normal and boring. The first week at Camp, he had been moved into a cabin for the kids of the messenger god, Hermes. He was unclaimed, one of the campers explained to him, soon he'd move out. 

Y/N tried to ignore the muttered "hopefully", the camper had added in. 

It was almos a normal summer camp. They ate outside, went swimming in the lake, rode Pegasus, the usual. Among these, Y/N's favorite activity was archery. Coincidentally it was how he met his closest friend. 

"You're a good shot", a voice came, as Y/N watched the arrow hit the target smack in the middle. 

He dropped the bow and turned to face a tall blonde haired boy. He was fairly muscular, and was grinning at Y/N.

"Oh, thanks!", Y/N responded, sticking out a hand, "I'm Y/N".

"Jason". 

Y/N nodded, "So what cabin are you?". 

Jason crossed his arms, "Uh Zeus". 

Y/N's eyes went wide, but he could tell Jason didn't want to talk about it so he regained his composure, "Cool, I'm unclaimed, but in Hermes right now". 

Jason offered him another smile, "Got it. You're pretty good with archery, I mean I couldn't do what you just did". 

"Oh sure you could", Y/N shrugged, "You just have to know where to aim". 

"Easier said than done isn't it".

The two laughed. 

"I could always show you how I did it, if you want", Y/N offered, trying to hide the slight nervousness in his voice. 

"Really? That'd be great". 

"Cool". "Cool". 

That was nearly 2 months ago now, and Y/N and Jason had since become the closest of friends. Jason tried teaching Y/N sword fighting while Y/N tried to teach Jason archery, both were hapless attempts. Besides that they did nearly everything together. Y/N had begun to rely on Jason at camp, a reminder that there was some worth in the chaos that he was enduring. 

Jason was encouraging, and had reassured Y/N that he would get claimed soon. Y/N worried that he would stay unclaimed forever at the rate his father was going. He was already older than 13 and had been at camp for 2 months. 

"I'm starting to think he just doesn't want me", Y/N said to Jason one night. He tried to play it off like he was joking, but Jason could tell by the tone of his voice how upset it made him. 

"I'm sure he does, why wouldn't he?", Jason responded. 

Y/N shrugged, trying to hide the blush on his face. Jason really was sweet. 

The boys had been sitting by the lake, Y/N lying just beside the water, while Jason sat up against a tree. Jason stood up and walked over to Y/N to lie beside him.

"Soon", he muttered, "I'm calling it. You'll get claimed soon". 

"I hope so". 

They sat there in silence for a while, staring at the sky together, their arms barely inches apart. 

It was the safest either had ever felt. 

******************************

"Y/N!", Piper McLean ran over to him, panting slightly. They were in the middle of the forest for capture the flag, Piper wasn't even on his team.